Report System works independently from Admin supervising

Mossarelli

Suggestion Name: Report System works independently from Admin supervising
Suggestion Description: Reports on players should be added unto the reported players as points. When a reported player reaches 10 reports within 1 minute, he is autokicked. When a player reaches 50 reports over a long period of time, his profile is flagged for admins to see on the website and then they can decide on a 5 day ban or talk to the player. If a player gets 300 reports in 1 week, it is safe to say that his precense is not wanted in the game.

Any example images:
Why should it be added?: This would allow admins to let players' reports help in kicking and banning of players when admins are not online but also as an infraction point sysem. Currently, it doesn't feel like the report system does anything unless you have image proof or video of the person doing the rule violations. A lot of rammers can ram, get reported, then when the admin watches him, he can play by the rules for 5 minutes until the admin looses interest and then the player can ram again 10 minutes later. Unless the admin has proof when a player has crashed into someone else by looking at logs, some reports will not be able to be proven. I understand that there's a lot of room for abuse of a system like this, but a reported player should have at least a couple of images proving he is breaking the rules so that he can be removed from the game.

To many floors in this idea. For example as Usta said a group / clan / guild / company / convoy of trolls decide to send reports on their designated innocent target player and get them banned. But a a good thought. So +1 for creativity.

Add me on steam HERE if you wish. Just message me saying that you found me from the ETS2MP Forum.

Have Not uploaded many of my deliveries as waiting for STVTC TruckLive.

signature.png

I think the entire system would just be at risk of being abused, allowing the administrators to have the final say always removes that factor of friends ganging up on others. I'm against this due to the fact that it would be threatening to those who do nothing wrong and get kicked by those who are immature and like to abuse.

• Upvote 1

I would have to agree with Stuart on this one. Systems like these are easily abused.

However, it could be a nice addition to add points to the report system, so admins can actually check if an user has been reported repeatedly (over a course of time) or if it's a first-time offence. I know we have a ban-system that does this, but not every troll gets caught. And if an admin is considering between a 1-month ban or a lifetime ban for a specific user, those points from reports could come into account and help the admin make the right verdict.

Sorry mate but that would get abused within 10 minutes of that going live. Particularly if you can report a user several times on 1 user. I see reports come in 6 times from 1 user about another 1 user in 10 seconds already. This would just encourage report spamming.

Well, here is your suggestion, Admins get only 1 report per user about same user ;)

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

• 3 months later...