Allow trucks skins on trailers

Salguero

Suggestion Name: Allow trucks skins on trailers
Suggestion Description:
Short version: Allow the use of truck's skins in trailers, wich are locked by kicking the user when connecting.
Long version: I was testing the new system of trailer looks included in the 1.25, wich separates the "color" and the "texture/model" of trailers. Then I tried to use a metallic skin from a truck, so I replaced the default.sii skin of the trailer with a color.sii of a truck. (I replaced "/def/vehicle/trailer/schmitz/universal/company_paint_job/default.sii" with "/def/vehicle/truck/mercedes.actros2014/paint_job/color3.sii", as they only defines the color)
In singleplayer works fine, without console errors. But when I tried to connect to the server I get automatically kicked for "Invalid accesory set detected. Non-trailer accesory exists."
So I'm making this suggestion to the devs to consider allowing this type of mod/editing, wich is safe to use, as they are on trucks. (In case of a skin from a dlc, use the same replace system used in truck skins, or directly only allow to use base game skins.)

Any example images:

t95aOGJ.jpgKYD7QlY.jpg

CCbpgG7.jpg

Why should it be added?: It's cool to allow more customization when it is harmless and safe to use it.
Edited by Salguero

IKTzLlO.png

• 6 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.