1 year after a ban expires, hide the details of that ban to normal users.

Penguin

Suggestion Name:
1 year after a ban expires, hide the details of that ban to normal users.
Suggestion Description:
This is a suggestion created in response to the following topic:

I suggest that 1 year after a ban has expired, the ban displayed on the truckersmp.com website should be hidden, where only admins can see the details of that particular ban. This is because many users are quick to judge, and if they see a user with a long ban history, then the may feel that this player is not helpful to the TruckersMP community.

Some people may say that "Oh, but some people do not change" - That is true, however that is for the mods to decide, not for normal users to judge others on.

The ban never goes away, and the user themselves can always see their full ban history. I just feel that it would be beneficial if other users were not given 'ammunition' to bully others based on their ban history. People mature and change over time, however no matter what they do, under this current system their past bans will always linger over them, and whether it is fair or not, people will still judge others based on their past ban history, sometimes not even stopping to look at the dates.

Under the current system. users cannot make a 'fresh start' while keeping their current account, and I feel that is unfair, as people do mature, and are sometimes ashamed of their past behavior and want to wipe the slate clean. With this suggestion, I feel that this could happen, as after 1 year after the ban expired, users won't see it anymore - Only the mods.

Therefore I ask that on a truckersmp.com profile, for normal users like me, we can only see the ban history of any bans that are either current, or expired less than a week ago.

• Upvote 3

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

@Mr Ghost Oh they would, if users continued to get themselves banned, they would still rack up their 1 month and 3 month bans - The mods will be able to separate out who's good and bad (Make them sound like Santa :P ) It's just I don;t feel that users should be able to do that, what good does it do us to know that information? We can't do anything positive with it 

@Leff12345 Thank you ^_^ 

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.