American Trucking Series ~ Trucking Thru America

DFS_TV

e3CXh0K.png

Click to watch the latest episode!

Last Updated: Feb 15, 2015

Hi! I would like to introduce everyone to my latest project, Trucking Thru America. Tag along with a life-long trucker, on his journeys throughout North America. Episodes go live every Sunday night, CST. Episodes are free to watch, on my Youtube Channel, on the Show Channel, or on the Website.

Season 2 Episode List:

Season 3 Teaser List:

If you could give me some feedback on what you think of the series overall, that would be great! Please also include what you would like to see in a series like this! Please watch at least 2-3 videos before making any negative comments! :)

Pictures From The Show!

bBmeFTQ.jpg

Unloading in Pennsylvania

MrwL5bB.jpg

From filming the intro/title sequence.

5Obrt1w.jpg

Don't like your view? Give it five minutes and it'll change.

VD3gMJ5.jpg

Risks are necessary...

86d4wRd.jpg

Driving underwater!

u5dlUpn.png

Producing the show :).

• Upvote 5

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!

I remember watching a few episodes from season 1, was rather cool. Especially the red door.

In that case I have unfortunate news... The doors are no longer red, we've (after about 3 years) painted them white. Glad you're enjoying the series!

0cRIb6g.png

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

I like your videos. Very nice to see a perspective from a fellow truck driver. 

I also drive an eighteen wheeler (Freightliner Columbia). Have a regular run (auto parts) from Detroit, MI. to Nashville, TN and back.

Great to hear a fellow driver's opinion! Glad you liked it!

0cRIb6g.png

Just watched a couple of Minutes of the video, looks good so far - Think Ill watch them later on in the night.

Is it me or are there not really a lot of videos like these that follow a trucker around day to day? 

I'm happy you liked them! That is one of the reasons on why I decided on making this series. Sure, there are series on TV such as Ice Road Truckers, etc. but lately a good 2/3 of those shows have been focusing on "drama" between drivers, instead of the drive, or journey. :)

The 1 episode I watched was painful. I was not surprised by the location of the company. And the fact that the man didn't speak english. And the guy narrating it wasn't american. This was rather depressing.

You know, that's not exactly constructive criticism.... There is a reason on why I chose an Australian narrator, and so far I believe you are the one that's made a huge deal about it. What do you mean by the "location of the company", and who said that it must be an English speaking driver? I use what I have available to me.

0cRIb6g.png

I'm happy you liked them! That is one of the reasons on why I decided on making this series. Sure, there are series on TV such as Ice Road Truckers, etc. but lately a good 2/3 of those shows have been focusing on "drama" between drivers, instead of the drive, or journey. :)

You know, that's not exactly constructive criticism.... There is a reason on why I chose an Australian narrator, and so far I believe you are the one that's made a huge deal about it. What do you mean by the "location of the company", and who said that it must be an English speaking driver? I use what I have available to me.

Yeah the austrailian narrator thing ain't a big deal. And the department of transportation says all CDL holders must be able to read, write, and speak english fluently. Not saying he doesn't speak english fluently but I didn't hear any english. And by "location of the company" Companies from the suburbs of chicago are known for hiring people who are from other countries. They pay the drivers poor wages. most of the time the equipment is in rough shape at best. The company owners get tax breaks for starting a company here. Most of their drivers are dangerous as hell, I can't count how many times i've seen a big rig do something stupid then you catch the name and location of the company. and its a crap truck from the suburbs of chicago. They lack a certain degree of professionalism in my eyes just from what I have experinced.

Yeah the austrailian narrator thing ain't a big deal. And the department of transportation says all CDL holders must be able to read, write, and speak english fluently. Not saying he doesn't speak english fluently but I didn't hear any english. And by "location of the company" Companies from the suburbs of chicago are known for hiring people who are from other countries. They pay the drivers poor wages. most of the time the equipment is in rough shape at best. The company owners get tax breaks for starting a company here. Most of their drivers are dangerous as hell, I can't count how many times i've seen a big rig do something stupid then you catch the name and location of the company. and its a crap truck from the suburbs of chicago. They lack a certain degree of professionalism in my eyes just from what I have experinced.

Sorry for the late reply. I'll reassure you that all drivers in D.R.W. Transportation LTD are safe, and responsible drivers. John's brother is the owner of the company, and with the company only having three active drivers that leaves little room for error. No English is spoken, because John feels more comfortable speaking Polish, also a large percentage of the audience of Trucking Thru America is Eastern European. I ,myself, speak Polish so I do understand what is being said. What I do not understand is why you are concerned about poor wages, and equipment in rough shape? You can easily see that the trucks are taken care of, and ,not meaning to be disrespectful, but John makes good money. If you are concerned that the drivers in the company aren't safe, then the dash cams will capture everything. Don't judge by stereotypes. I still do not see why you seem to be so concerned, and why you are judging an organization based off of not even 9 minutes of video from one to two days of work. 

0cRIb6g.png

John finally gets loaded, and begins to head home. Follow him on his journey throughout the United States of America, on Trucking Thru America. Watch now,

0cRIb6g.png

Sorry for the late reply. I'll reassure you that all drivers in D.R.W. Transportation LTD are safe, and responsible drivers. John's brother is the owner of the company, and with the company only having three active drivers that leaves little room for error. No English is spoken, because John feels more comfortable speaking Polish, also a large percentage of the audience of Trucking Thru America is Eastern European. I ,myself, speak Polish so I do understand what is being said. What I do not understand is why you are concerned about poor wages, and equipment in rough shape? You can easily see that the trucks are taken care of, and ,not meaning to be disrespectful, but John makes good money. If you are concerned that the drivers in the company aren't safe, then the dash cams will capture everything. Don't judge by stereotypes. I still do not see why you seem to be so concerned, and why you are judging an organization based off of not even 9 minutes of video from one to two days of work. 

Poor wages means the company owner whoever it may be has lower running cost so he can offer a lower freight rate which is under cutting other companies already offering bottom dollar which drives an already low freight rate even lower. Equipment in rough shape speaks alot to the company. If it is in rough shape appearance wise it doesn't appear to be professional. And I'm not judging from sterotypes. I'm judging from experience and knowing the reputation alot of these companies carry. And a camera doesn't make the driver a safe driver...trust me I'm not judging from 9 minutes of video.

And the only thing that I'm concerned with is that some people might think this is trucking in america and might stero type it as what is shown....don't get me wrong I will always have respect for other truckers regardless of where they were born or what they drive but I also hold them to a high standard because it's how we appear as a whole industry is how we are judged.

I applaud your efforts in recording,editing, and upload. Don't let my opinions and personal experiences change any of your forward progress. Also there are other people who record and live stream their big rig travels in america. Safe Travels.

Janusz, keep up the good series. I watched only opening so far.

Pozdrowienia z Connecticut.

• Upvote 1

In-game nick: GeekPolak

Youtube Channel - Map editor tutorials for American Truck Simulator and more.  

Twitch Channel - Streaming trucking and other games.

Twitter - Updates when I go live.

4jpe7n.jpg2e3nwv7.jpg

Amerykanin polskiego pochodzenia, pozdrawiam wszystkich Polakow. Jesli ktos tu jest z Tychow, Slask, to daj mi znac.

No new video this week! We're busy producing the next week of Trucking Thru America! Trucking Thru America; New Year's Eve!

Updated Thread ~ Currently in Production - Season 3; Trucking Thru America; New Year's Eve!

0cRIb6g.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...