INFO message to remind "traffic lights not syncing"

S2020

i see so many drivers, who aren't waiting at red lights (i see when they have red or green ;) )

How can you see when other players light is red or green? Lights are not synced. At your screen light is red, but for someone else it's green.

In-game nick: GeekPolak

Youtube Channel - Map editor tutorials for American Truck Simulator and more.  

Twitch Channel - Streaming trucking and other games.

Twitter - Updates when I go live.

4jpe7n.jpg2e3nwv7.jpg

Amerykanin polskiego pochodzenia, pozdrawiam wszystkich Polakow. Jesli ktos tu jest z Tychow, Slask, to daj mi znac.

You can see the difference. i see it, when i have red, the other light got green, but drivers wait, so they have red. than it changes for me to green (for my sight the other light gets red). the waiting driver is going on with red lights, so for me they have green.

same situation. driver in front of me, waiting at a (for me) green traffic light. so it must be red for them. when the light is changing, than they drive and i will get red light. for me it's easy to see ;)

There are not synced AT ALL. Meaning that both players can have green at the same time, 20ms apart or even have a delay of several seconds. It's also possible that the driver in front of the queue has a red light and all the other drivers have a green light or vice verse. 

The safe way to drive on a multiplayer server is a threat each crossing as a crossing without any lights. So you slow down (even if you have green), watch if other trucks are approaching. Watch if they stop and keep flooring it. 

Note that technically a traffic light is only an aid to help controlling the traffic. On the European mainland this mean that traffic from the right of way. In the UK and Ireland it's traffic from the left that has priority. In legal terms this means that if you're in an accident and got hit from the right, by default you're wrong. Only when you can proof that the other driver had a red light (red light camera, witnesses, etc), blame is shifted to the other driver.

And remember, truck drivers always drive defensively as those professionals are more aware of the risks on the road than the average driver. Of course there are always exceptions.. 

• Upvote 1

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.