ETS2MP Update 20520 Malware detected

arbitor

Mod.version: 0.2.0.5.2

Controllers used: Logitech g920

Description of Issue: HEUR/QVM10.1.Malware.Gen

How to reproduce: unzip file then proceed to download from the install .exe

Screenshot/Videos: None available

Hello as As the above states i downloaded the ZIP file from the official within from the game client screen and my virus checker (360 total security) picked this up. i will wait on approval before letting it through.

Hi there, the ETS2MP client is perfectly safe, look at how many players we have... Over 750,000 and that shows it isn't a virus, just set your antivirus to ignore ETS2MP.

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

What antivirus have you got, arbitor? Symantec AV's reputation system can give false positives AFAIK.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

Not a bug, this is due to the nature of the mod, AV Heuristics will sometimes pick it up.

Latest version is not detected as Mallware anymore by the top 55 AVs:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/f718c1095f72a816bd9ca1fea1a4debf07b29f3ff87a35405e2d855495ee3ff9/analysis/

When this happens, please submit it as a false positive, there's nothing we can do to fix this (codesigning has been tested in the past and showed no difference in detection rates)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.