Prototype

Suggestion Name: Easier way to find online in-game admin with 1 command.

Suggestion Description:Add a command that shows which admins are online when somebody types the command "ex./AdminList" so when somebody has a problem he/she will be able to contact the admin in a easy way.

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?:Sometimes there are serious problems for example: players keep trolling over 30 minutes into Rotterdam abusing the No Collision area and just keep blocking, ramming and kicking players out of the map. Why i'm asking this command to be added it's because most of the time people don't bother to report  the abuser because they think "nothing will happen whats the point using the in-game report". Sometimes i feel the same.

On the other hand you might come and tell me "Yea but if everyone can see which admin is online they gonna abuse it by pming random stuff etc" I have a solution for that as well. If you have ever played Lineage II there was the command "/gmlist" which was showing the GM's that were online, but if the gm didn't want to be shown he could do "/gmlistoff" to be off the list or "/gmliston" to be on the list.

I hope you understand the way of thinking for this suggestion.

Kind Regards

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

I'd rather see a reports in que counter...

We really don't need to bug the admins with tons of pm's.

Only time i really needed an admin, i went to ts, and asked for help there

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

-1 Trouble is its better people not knowing which admin is online, since trolls and rammer's will just wait till there is no admin and start, well.. trolling :P.    Also it could end up with the admin getting spammed with a load of messages if he/she wasn't able to get to your report yet because they dealing with others. 

Edited by ffwjag
  • Upvote 2

I use the /search and to see if the regular admins are on but this a great idea, we deserve the /admins command!!

Which means, get on the forums, find the post with the admin list, find the name of the admin do /pinfo to get the ID and then pm. That's what im trying to avoid.

-1 Trouble is its better people not knowing which admin is online, since trolls and rammer's will just wait till there is no admin and start, well.. trolling :P.    Also it could end up with the admin getting spammed with a load of messages if he/she wasn't able to get to your report yet because dealing with others. 

On the other hand you might come and tell me "Yea but if everyone can see which admin is online they gonna abuse it by pming random stuff etc" I have a solution for that as well. If you have ever played Lineage II there was the command "/gmlist" which was showing the GM's that were online, but if the gm didn't want to be shown he could do "/gmlistoff" to be off the list or "/gmliston" to be on the list.

Thank you for the feedback.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

-1. This would be a playhouse for Trolls, to ram, block, general troll etc.... I thought of having this, to know when Admins are online, but after thinking about it, it would just be used by trolls, to troll on the servers.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

^Everything can be abused when it comes to be online with players. If the admin feels that the person is false reporting by pming he could suffer the consequences same with people who false report others.

I don't find it to be such a big efford for an admin to use the tp command to verify if the user is lying or not same way of thinking if the user was using the in-game report system. 

If the problem is the spamming there could be a time limit on how fast you can pm the admin. Ex. 1 message every 10-20 seconds.

Edited by FirestarteR93
removed quote from the post above

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.