Cant start MP

damattster96

Question

8 answers to this question

Hi there,

Yes, I would try to re-install MP, and if that doesn't work, verify your game cache. You might need to re-install ETS2 on steam. Let me know if it has worked, and if not, we can try other possible options.

Happy Trucking,

Philip.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

Your ETS2 game did not install correctly as per the error message, Try the following steps

1. Uninstall ets2mp from computer 

2. Goto Documents/EuroTruckSimulator2/profiles and if you have any there copy it somewhere else like desktop

3. Goto Steam library , Then right click Euro Truck Simulator 2 > delete local content

4. Restart PC , Run SteamasAdmin

5. Install Euro Truck Simulator 2, Launch the base game after installing. Make a random profile after new install just to load everything up.

6. Quit Euro Truck Simulator 2

7. Copy the profile folder you found in Step 2 above to Documents/EuroTruckSimulator2/profiles and paste it here

8. Load up Euro Truck Simulator 2, Load up profile and quit

9. Re-install MP.

I have noticed issue after the last Windows 10 update, In my case ETS2 will run with out any noticeable problems, but ETS2MP will not even start. I looked for a crash log but the last crash log is from October. I have already tried to remove and reinstall both,  first multiplayer then ETS2 on steam. the single player still works but multiplayer just freezes and dose not generate a crash report. 

On the window "Browse for folder", you need to find the folder which contains eurotrucks2.exe.

As for me, I use Steam. The path I would find would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x64 (if you aren't using Steam, check C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86) if you're on 64bit system.

To find it, click "This PC" on the window and then you should see your C: drive (or the letter of your primary drive), then you will see Program Files etc.