DLCs

Lee1206

Suggestion Name:  DLC Usage

Suggestion Description: Visibility of other, unpurchased DLCs
Why should it be added?:

I know there will probably be many copyright issues, however it would be awesome if people whom have not purchased a DLC to be able to see them.

For example, the High Power Cargo DLC. This DLC is obviously visible to anyone that has purchased it. But seen as there are many people who do not have this DLC, not many people can see it.

What's the point?

How much better would the in-game experience be if it was possible to see EVERYONE's paint jobs? And you would still require the DLC to apply them to your vehicle, but to be able to see all the national, patriotic trucks; to be able to see every company's paint job?

I know dishing out the DLC would be illegal, but seen as ETS2MP are most definitely in co-operation with SCS, surely the textures could be negotiated? Just to improve the experience for people who do not have these DLCs.

- Lee

High End Transport VTC:

Driver

High End Event Management:

Convoy Control Operator

I could have sworn though, that people who have not purchased Scandinavia have seen my IKA trailers and things like that, so I assumed the same had been done for the Scandinavia DLC

High End Transport VTC:

Driver

Convoy Control Operator

For you to be able to see the DLC you must have the files so in turn you could get them out of the ETS2MP insulation...

I understand. Fully.

All I can see is that if they cannot physically change their paint job etc, then they can't be doing anything wrong? It's just to make, in effect, more people be attracted to purchasing the game. But if SCS are gonna be funny about the whole "NOT PURCHASED" thing, it's their loss

High End Transport VTC:

Driver

Convoy Control Operator

As TruCkDr1V3r said, showing stuff which isn't yours (in this case DLCs of SCS) without someone's permission is stealing copyrights, that's why they can't show paintings. But as SCS said, they'll probably work on MP for ATS, so it's very possible that in ATS you'd be able to see buyable stuff without paying for it.

• Upvote 1

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

“Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car.” ― Garrison Keillor

“Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there would be a hell of a population drop.” ― Laurell K. Hamilton

@Romero,

SCS has copyrighted their game and DLCs, if we're showing DLCs that people haven't paid for we're breaking copyright license. It's the same if SCS steals mwl4 his code and publish it under their names.

Not its not the same, mwl4 or someone would have had to reverse engineer SCS game, a game they have spent years putting togethet, if they wanted the MP code they could just take it as all the property using the SCS logo or representing SCS is rightfully there's.

As having the DLC to just see in game won't work as you will have to have the in game files meaning you could simply integrate it into the base game.

7572736451.png

As TruCkDr1V3r said, showing stuff which isn't yours (in this case DLCs of SCS) without someone's permission is stealing copyrights, that's why they can't show paintings. But as SCS said, they'll probably work on MP for ATS, so it's very possible that in ATS you'd be able to see buyable stuff without paying for it.

ehh there own ATSMP yes not our ATSMP so it's still copyrights issue ;) we are not working together on 1 ATSMP SCS making there own ATSMP and we are making our own ATSMP, so i wouldn't be so sure about that 

Not its not the same, mwl4 or someone would have had to reverse engineer SCS game, a game they have spent years putting togethet, if they wanted the MP code they could just take it as all the property using the SCS logo or representing SCS is rightfully there's.

As having the DLC to just see in game won't work as you will have to have the in game files meaning you could simply integrate it into the base game.

yeah a good example what SCS have done to promods, it will always be SCS game, hopefully they stay away far from us :P

yeah unfortunately it may look simple but it isn't really  

I do remember this was suggested before:

1) http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/20910-make-all-paint-dlcs-read-only-mode/?hl=dlc

• Upvote 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.