Game won't start / Could not inject dll into game process error

jrb99

Question

So I install the game and it won't even open. I put the game into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2

I have it set to 1.9 and opt. I ran it as admin, made sure it was compatible with windows 7. None of these work. I get a dll error when I try to run it. This is really pissing me off.  

Hey, i found something. Someone had a similar problem to yours: http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/13509-fatal-error-1171s/

This is what he said:

This is how I fixed it!!

Search in System32 and SysWOW64 folders d3d and delete all files you can. then run dxwebsetup.exe which you can dl from here https://www.microsof...ails.aspx?id=35. Done.

I'm sorry. I really have no clue what could be causing the problem then. Your last option is to contact support and see if they can help you, but it can take a a while before you'll get an answer since it's quite busy lately.

I wish you further luck, and i'll keep thinking about this. So keep an eye on the forums, as i may come up with something. 

Same exact problem with me. I even used REVO Uninstaller to completely uninstall all files associated with ETS MP and installed again and still no luck.

The thing is I don't want to have to install stuff to make this work. It's like my computer doesn't WANT the game to work.

Try this:

Completely uninstall the game and the mod from your hard drive.

Re-install the standalone game in a different location. Verify game cache.

Install the mod in a different location than before as well.

If the game still does not work, try downloading a software that scans your computer for missing DLLs. Install any missing ones.

Make sure you have the latest Direct X, Visual C++, .NET Framework and drivers for your GPU (and CPU). 

Hope this works for you. Good luck!  :D