Game won't start / Could not inject dll into game process error

jrb99

Question

So I install the game and it won't even open. I put the game into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2

I have it set to 1.9 and opt. I ran it as admin, made sure it was compatible with windows 7. None of these work. I get a dll error when I try to run it. This is really pissing me off.  

What do you mean with you put the game into that path? You don't have to do that, Steam does that automatically. Opt out of all betas. What is the error?

I meant the Multiplayer. When it makes you select a path. I don't know exactly what I'm doing wrong.  It says to downgrade even tho I did. And it says "dll" error

There's your problem. Don't toch anything. The mod (ETS2MP) needs to be installed in it's own directory. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer). When it asks you to select the path of Euro Truck Simulator 2, you need to select C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2, but everything is set right at default. So just click next.

There's your problem. Don't toch anything. The mod (ETS2MP) needs to be installed in it's own directory. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer). When it asks you to select the path of Euro Truck Simulator 2, you need to select C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2, but everything is set right at default. So just click next.

I did all that before. Still not opening

Try starting ETS2MP as an administrator. Nevermind

Thinking...

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer 

Please take a screenshot of what you see there

Alright

Edited title

Thanks

post-43018-0-96814900-1439570770_thumb.p

Nothing missing there. Here's what you can do:

Use the uninstall program. Download ETS2MP again and then install again.

(Important step here is that you download the mod again, sometimes a file can get corrupted while downloading)

Getting both downgrade error and dll error after reinstalling I'm going to see if reinstalling euro truck will help. I already verified the game files to no avail 

Alright, try this:

Opt to an earlier release of the game (ETS2), and click play to have steam downgrade your game. Don't choose a release too far away though, that'll take too long. Just pick 1.18 or something. After it has completed, choose opt out of all betas again to have steam update your game, and then try again. If this didn't work, i'm really sorry but i'm out of options then. You'll need to contact support:

http://ets2mp.com/support/