No Jobs

Eje005

Question

I have my own truck and the jobs do not refresh.  I force restart the economy and after those jobs expire there are no more.  I tried using the Multiplayer Beginner Profile as well as my own single player one.

Having to force restart the jobs after every delivery is not fun.  Help.

I will certainly try this as I am curious and enjoy the game enough to troubleshoot it.  But allow me to provide some in-depth explanation of the chronology of the events if for no reason other than documentation.

1.)  Installed ETS2MP

2.)  Logged in.  Used existing Single Player Profile that owns its own truck.  Noticed all jobs had expiration dates of 100 hours.  Thought nothing of it.

3.)  Did jobs.  Noticed that jobs were not updating with earned levels.  High value cargo was not showing up after I put a level into it.  Searched forums for solution.  Attempted to rest to cure.  Rested 3 times.  No fix, game won't let me rest because it says I'm not tired.

4.)  Used the g_force_economy_reset command as suggested in the Guides section.  Jobs now have appropriate expiration dates.  With shorter expiration dates it becomes quickly noticeable that the jobs are not refreshing at all.  Job list soon becomes empty.

5.)  Used the force economy reset command again.  Once more jobs were listed but not refreshing, resulting in an empty job list in 1-3 deliveries.

6.)  Downloaded the Beginner's Profile from the Guides section.  Same issue.

7.)  Out of frustration, boredom, and curiosity, logged into Single Player under the original account.  Job list was empty as it was in MP.  Drove around to build up fatigue.  Slept.  Jobs refreshed.  

8.)  Logged back into MP.  Job list emptied again via expiration dates as before.  

9.)  Rested in MP.  Job list once again populated.  This is my current stage.  I have not played further enough to determine if the job list will expire again.  Continuing research but must break for dinner.  Will return with further information.

Press F7 + Enter.

At what screen and what does it do? o.o

If you mean request service assistance then I can report that doing that only temporarily adds jobs.  Once they expire I am still met with a blank job list.

your config.cfg is messed up 101%

Download this config file and put it to your profile folder in Documents/EuroTruckSimulator2/profiles/ 

For safety purposes Cut the current Config file which is there in the profile folder and put it somewhere else like desktop

Then put the downloaded config file in to the place where i told you^ , Run Ets2 and it will display Game change detected and will load slower since its loading different settings than ones you use so the first load after replacing the file would be slow than usual one, After ets2 is running go to any random city drive for like 10 15 mins and Go sleep in a hotel or service or garage(either of three), Sleep x2 then f7 enter and go to Freight market or any Dispatcher for a trailer nearby. 

If this doesn't help, Take backup of your current profile and put somewhere else from the Documents/EuroTruckSimulator2/profiles/

remove ets2,steam, Restart pc and download and install the steam as admin, Put back your profile and should be running well ;)

your config.cfg is messed up 101%

Download this config file and put it to your profile folder in Documents/EuroTruckSimulator2/profiles/ 

For safety purposes Cut the current Config file which is there in the profile folder and put it somewhere else like desktop

Then put the downloaded config file in to the place where i told you^ , Run Ets2 and it will display Game change detected and will load slower since its loading different settings than ones you use so the first load after replacing the file would be slow than usual one, After ets2 is running go to any random city drive for like 10 15 mins and Go sleep in a hotel or service or garage(either of three), Sleep x2 then f7 enter and go to Freight market or any Dispatcher for a trailer nearby. 

If this doesn't help, Take backup of your current profile and put somewhere else from the Documents/EuroTruckSimulator2/profiles/

remove ets2,steam, Restart pc and download and install the steam as admin, Put back your profile and should be running well ;)

config.cfg is originally located in Documents/EuroTruckSimulator2.  Not in /profiles.  Replacing config.cfg has not given me the game change detected message.

Sadly I must report that once more this has been only a temporary fix.  I have also reinstalled the game to no avail. 

Edit:  A thought occurred that perhaps I'm misunderstanding something.  I'm under the impression that functioning normally would mean I can do shipment after shipment all day without having to rest or call service assistance to refresh the list.  Is that perhaps a misconception?  It is fully possible for me to refresh the job list in game via resting (though it tells me I am no longer tired at this point) or by calling service assistance and being towed.    However these jobs generally just become expired after a short time and I must then refresh them again via towing or sleeping.

Alright, from the looks of it it looks like MP messed up your profile. Because in MP, it is likely you can get a job which will expire in thousands of hours. No big deal, as when you refresh the job lists, or when it gets refreshed, regular expiration dates will be shown again. Not in your case, though.

Delete profiles. They are messed up anyway. Begin in singleplayer, refrain from even starting ETS2MP at the moment. Do the tutorial mission, cheat some money, buy your own truck, and do a job. While doing the job, rest somewhere, then resume your journey. Drop off the cargo, and exit singleplayer. Now start up ETS2MP and select the profile you just played on. Everything should work now. 

If not:

Then your game is corrupted. Uninstall the game, from steam too, and download it again. If the problem still occurs, well, then i don't know. You'll have to take this issue to the SCS forums then.

Alright, from the looks of it it looks like MP messed up your profile. Because in MP, it is likely you can get a job which will expire in thousands of hours. No big deal, as when you refresh the job lists, or when it gets refreshed, regular expiration dates will be shown again. Not in your case, though.

I do get regular expiration dates.  The problem is when the time runs up on those jobs, there are no jobs to replace them and thus every 2-3 deliveries all of the jobs have timed out.  Are new ones supposed to replace them, or is it just they way the mod works that you must sleep or fast travel every so often?

The profile that I've been using this whole time started its life as a single player profile.  I had probably 5 hours in it.  I backed it up before starting MP and it happens in the fresh backup every time as well.

The problem is every time I log in all of the jobs have expired and I need to either sleep, fast travel, or call service assistance to repopulate the list.  After which the list repopulates and I can do 1 job, sometimes 2 depending on the time, before all of the jobs that just came back are gone again because they expired.  I cannot sleep anymore because it says I'm not tired, service assistance costs money, and fast traveling to my garage is inconvenient.  If this is just how the mod is supposed to function, that's fine, however there is no indication that this is normal, and the awkward inconvenience of constantly having to tow or fast travel to repopulate the list makes me think it is not.  

Is sleeping (which quickly gets ruled out because you no become tired), towing, or fast traveling to a garage every 10 minutes something that everyone has to do?  Is this the mod functioning normally under the described circumstance?  If it is there is no indication that this is the case in any of the documentation and it is very confusing.

I have the top half of Germany and Amsterdam unlocked. 

I didn't actually edit it, so sound levels are sure to be odd, and length is surely unnecessary.  What to look for:

1.) Starting up with a single job, often this will be zero jobs depending on how long it's been since last play.  

2.)  Strangely low expiration date on jobs after I tow myself.  I suspect this is somehow linked to the "time skip" amount.  If I rest or fast travel they jobs have much higher expiration dates.  This is reproducible.  Take note how there's two pages of jobs for Brussles and the times. 

3.)  Fun part where I'm going the speed limit on a ramp and someone hits me from behind (likely due to lag since I don't receive damage) and he curses me out as if it was my fault.

4.)  Arrive and deliver job.  When I check the job list it looks ok, but when I select the town I left, Brussles, there's only a few jobs, and they're about to expire.  The jobs that had much shorter dates already expired and were not replaced.  If I had done a longer trip, all the jobs would be expired but I did not want to make the video too long.  

Sorry, but i see nothing unusual in your video. I've watched it from the beginning to the end. Some cities have less jobs than others, the jobs that appeared in brussel at first expired later. As you progress through the game you'll have more cargo's, for example after unlocking more cities and more skill points. 

Also, if you get map expansion DLC's, you'll have more jobs. But i can asure you that there is nothing wrong with your game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.