How does the Current Mulitplayer Economy Work?

Iceman Raikkonen

I would just like to know how the current economy works in multiplayer, and an answer to a couple of specific questions I have about it.

Firstly, how does it work?

Do jobs at a specific comapny in a specific location replenish themselves after jobs have been completed from it?

If the system is player based, why can someone take my trailer if I fail to select the job before them?

I might have some more questions later after I (hopefully) get some answers.

Thanks

Jobs are currently generated at every players computer.

If someone takes a trailer another player would like to take as well, it happens to disapear for you, because the game thinks that you already took the job or it has timed out. But it in reality it hasn't.

Example:

Player P1 gets Job J1 displayed and starts travelling to its terminal

Player P2 gets Job J1 displayed but already has arrived at the terminal

P2 confirms, starts J1 and drives away.

P1 arrives and takes a look on the company job list. But J1 disapperead, because P2 has already taken that job.

P1 loads last quicksave. Bam! Job J1 available again. (Don't ask me why it works, but this way it works)

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

No, jobs aren't syncronized.

When a job (aka trailer) dissapear when you arrive at the company in mp its because someone was on the place of that trailer. Its a original game thing, not ets2mp client. When the game load the trailer (when you are x meters close) and something is on that place, the game don't load that trailer. When that "bug" happen you can see an error in the console.

IKTzLlO.png

Well that sorts out Q1 &3. Already knew the multiplayer economy doesn't exist,yet.

Anyone got  an answer to Q2?

Well.. As said: It works exactly like single player. So it will refresh the jobs once in a while as they expire. The problem is though that the MP clock is slower than the SP clock, so it takes longer for the jobs to refresh. But taking a ferry or teleporting with the "Go to truck dealer" option to a truckdealer a distance away from your current position should do the trick aswell.

- I'm not saying I'm Wonder Woman; I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman in the same room together.

Well.. As said: It works exactly like single player. So it will refresh the jobs once in a while as they expire. The problem is though that the MP clock is slower than the SP clock, so it takes longer for the jobs to refresh. But taking a ferry or teleporting with the "Go to truck dealer" option to a truckdealer a distance away from your current position should do the trick aswell.

Then, what about jobs expiration time statin 4336 hours ? lol They will, stay there, literally forever :/

Then, what about jobs expiration time statin 4336 hours ? lol They will, stay there, literally forever :/

If I remember correctly, then doing a job from the quick job list should fix that problem because that helps with refreshing the list aswell.

- I'm not saying I'm Wonder Woman; I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman in the same room together.

The time the job will expire, is the time from the SP.

The time in general is just a counter that is running permanently. And every job gets a expiration time with this timestamp. And if the job is generated in SP, the time of the SP will be the timestamp of the delivery.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived