Trying to get Multiplayer

Question

I got the Euro Truck Simulator 2 game downloaded, now I'm trying to get the Multiplayer to work, and The original game works, but I try and open up the multiplayer, it will load do the full loading screen, but it will not bring up a login screen like its suppose to. All I get is an Orange and Black background with the mouse and it freezes in one spot. I have uninstalled the multiplayer mod and reinstalled it, and it still will not work. What should I do at this point?

After I do Control Alt Delete, it will bring up an error message "Not responding"

15 answers to this question

could be loads of things,have you got latest update of ets2,do not have eurotruck running while opening MP,have you downloaded ets2 from steam?

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

Please try to this steps;

- Run as administrator

- Go to steam library, go to properties and then Local Game Files., found "Validate Integrity of Game Cache" and click it.

- Update your video driver, directx, microsoft visual c++.

Does all of tihs.

could be loads of things,have you got latest update of ets2,do not have eurotruck running while opening MP,have you downloaded ets2 from steam?

- Run as administrator

- Go to steam library, go to properties and then Local Game Files., found "Validate Integrity of Game Cache" and click it.

Thank you.

When uninstalling the Multiplayer, go to your documents and also Delete the ETS2MP folder aswell.

If what I'm doing now, does not work, I'll will do this, Thank you for the help.

- Run as administrator

- Go to steam library, go to properties and then Local Game Files., found "Validate Integrity of Game Cache" and click it.

I should be able to play it through the shortcut right?

See this is weird, the whole loading screen goes, then it does its loading, it goes to the menu, but nothing comes up except for the background and mouse, and nothing moves.??

Nothing is working.

Should the MOD go into the Original game somehow? If so, how do I do it?

Edited by levi925

In reference to your last post: You have to run the shortcut that is created when you install the mod.

If it isn't working, you can try what Özgür wrote.

Merged multiple posts of firefighter

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

I did that, and it will not work. and what Ozgur wrote, still didn;t work. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong while installing it, or if its just the game. The original game will work.

^^

i do see 2 problems 

1) 

1. [mem] physical total: 1014M
  2. 00:00:00.190 : [mem] physical avail: 32M
  3. 00:00:00.190 : [mem] virtual total: 2047M
  4. 00:00:00.190 : [mem] virtual avail: 1509M
  5. 00:00:00.190 : [mem] Trying to allocate memory pool (307200K)
  6. 00:00:00.198 : [mem] Allocated 2 temporary loading buffer(s)
do you have 1 gig memory ?

2) i see you use OPENAL while we only support directX for now

you should add -rdevice at the end of your multiplayer shortcut on your desktop
go right click on your multiplayer shortcut choose properties go to tab shortcut
you see at target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer\launcher.exe" -rdevice

add -rdevice now the multiplayer force to launch with directX

^^

Its an older computer, but its in working order.

Edited by levi925
don't quote the message above add ^ or tag name