The game closes when i minimize it then try to get back into it.

chiticflorin09

Question

17 answers to this question

Good Evening, Chiticflowin09!

Do you receive any kind of error message then the game crashes, please reply and let me know. 

Please post your crash.log in reply, or we can't figure this out. Happy Trucking!

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback, remember to stay positive.

Retired Support Member @Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

I`m not giving support via private message unless offered,

please use the selection called "help" on the forums.

Normally you can find the crash log here: C:\Users\YOUR-NAME-GOES-HERE\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Normally named: game.crash.txt

If you bought it on Steam, try verify the files. My guess, is you are missing some C++ redistributable packages. What OS/ & version of .Net are you using?

1. On the start menu, choose run.
  2. In the open box, enter regedit or regedit.exe - either will work. You must have administrative privileges on your user account to run regedit.
  3. In the registry, open the sub-key by navigating to it's location, formally: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP.

Aireviel.jpg

Retired ets2mp trucker, cya all elsewhere. B)

• ~~~~~ TripLogger assistant developer. ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Follow me on TwitchTV ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Add me on Steam ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Don't report players, you will be banned for it. ;) ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Be Chill, life is only a game ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Aireviel ~~~~~

What version of windows do you use?

What Video Card do you have? 

Try to update the video card driver.

Some say the world will end in fire / Some say in ice / From what i've tasted of desire / I hold with those who favor fire

But if it had to perish twice / I think i know enough of hate / To say that for destruction ice / It also grate And wold suffice

Well, from my personal point of view, and i'm not trying to be rude...but that it's a very old video card. 

In the most cases, when an application or program that renders a high amount of graphic power suddenly close, is due to the fact of a running out of memory, or running over his capacity. 

Although what you can try is to:

-> update your video drivers

-> update direct x - you can find it here -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35 

-> reinstall the game, and the mode, and run it at low options.

If this is still an issue you can try to put ets 2 to run on borderless window mode. In this mode, the game will never be minimized, will just stay behind.

This is how to do that (sorry it is not in English but it is very intuitive) -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOHFS2UOiNA

Some say the world will end in fire / Some say in ice / From what i've tasted of desire / I hold with those who favor fire

But if it had to perish twice / I think i know enough of hate / To say that for destruction ice / It also grate And wold suffice

I had a quick look over the mighty Internet, regarding the error message, and as i said, is due to the fact that your video card is pretty old and it is under heavy loading.

See here some steps, on trying to resolve this issue.

http://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/instruction-at-referenced-memory-could-not-be-read/

If i reformat my pc, will go ?

It might solve some issues, basically some weird stuff are taking place, if you try to update the video card and that error pops-up.