Trucking just like old times - The challenge

norbert79

Hmm... I might give this a try. Though on a short trip. Not because I can't handle long journeys (usually I only do long trips) but because of how large the video file will be. I can't afford having a file that is hundreds of gigs large. Not to mention the time it would take to convert the RAW and then render it. x_x

I think about that too, + the upload time is forever ...

TERjqBU.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm... I might give this a try. Though on a short trip. Not because I can't handle long journeys (usually I only do long trips) but because of how large the video file will be. I can't afford having a file that is hundreds of gigs large. Not to mention the time it would take to convert the RAW and then render it. x_x

Actually 1 hour + 20 minutes video is 8,26 gb in full hd with shadowplay. No need to convert anything, encoded on the fly. I think OBS do the same thing.

Ha, much lower score than I hoped. But honest. First run and definitely not use to doing that. Fun challenge.

Don't despair, I always try to be fair and honest as well. Thank you for finding this challenging; one advice: the longer the distance you make the higher the chance on elevating your score based on the distance driven. In this record your distance was 120 kms only, that gave you +12 points. Now try something with ~500km, still a manageable distance and it will add your score 50 more points.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
uKXmbLR.png
Norbert M. (Vorsitzender)
ATiR Trans GmbH
Hahnstraße 83d
D-60528 Frankfurt am Main

E-Mail: [email protected]
Telefon/TS3: norbert79

Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, HRB 55933,
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
USt-ID-Nummer: DE126789124
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE30732269

Actually 1 hour + 20 minutes video is 8,26 gb in full hd with shadowplay. No need to convert anything, encoded on the fly. I think OBS do the same thing.

Right, I personally prefer OBS. Reason: You can fine-tune your settings much better and even with 'default' settings you get a pretty nice result with not too much space taken.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
uKXmbLR.png
ATiR Trans GmbH
Hahnstraße 83d

WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE30732269

One more thing: I still need to review two videos tonight, sorry for the delay, but I try to do a very thorough job here to be able to have a very fair and an objective  judgement. I will keep you all updated!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
uKXmbLR.png
ATiR Trans GmbH
Hahnstraße 83d

WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE30732269

I use Mirillis Action!, however. The files it produces are not that large but I never attempted a one hour long RAW. I am only estimating it's weight based on what I know from the software, so far. Plus, Action's RAWs do need conversion to be edited and rendered. And besides, who'd want to sit through a hour long trip in ETS2 unless they are driving the truck? I mean, who'd have patience for that? o.o Regardless, I don't think my YouTube account allows for an hour long uploads yet.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

I use Mirillis Action!, however. The files it produces are not that large but I never attempted a one hour long RAW. I am only estimating it's weight based on what I know from the software, so far. Plus, Action's RAWs do need conversion to be edited and rendered. And besides, who'd want to sit through a hour long trip in ETS2 unless they are driving the truck? I mean, who'd have patience for that? o.o Regardless, I don't think my YouTube account allows for an hour long uploads yet.

Me? :) I have released this challenge, I have to review them, right? ;) I first need to make the first experiences with this also...

And it seems it was worth it!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
uKXmbLR.png
ATiR Trans GmbH
Hahnstraße 83d

WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE30732269

Ok, a few questions regarding the rule about the looks of the truck:

Can we at least change the rims? (No Raven rims. I was thinking about Elite Rider and Eastern Eagle, for example.) Also the paintjob. A simple mix of colors from the Metallic Paintjobs, maybe? And the rule doesn't mention sideskirts. Are they allowed?

Bonus question: Is it fine if there is music playing in the footage? I like to play ETS2 with music, sometimes. =P

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Ok, a few questions regarding the rule about the looks of the truck:

Can we at least change the rims? (No Raven rims. I was thinking about Elite Rider and Eastern Eagle, for example.) Also the paintjob. A simple mix of colors from the Metallic Paintjobs, maybe? And the rule doesn't mention sideskirts. Are they allowed?

Bonus question: Is it fine if there is music playing in the footage? I like to play ETS2 with music, sometimes. =P

I am basically following J-Spec rules on the design, but really up to you. You can use music, but don't forget, that copyrighted music might be an issue if you share this with us, as Youtube might mute it or can get removed by any other service provider. Choose wisely!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
uKXmbLR.png
ATiR Trans GmbH
Hahnstraße 83d

WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE30732269

I am basically following J-Spec rules on the design, but really up to you. You can use music, but don't forget, that copyrighted music might be an issue if you share this with us, as Youtube might mute it or can get removed by any other service provider. Choose wisely!

Oh yes, definitely. I am aware of that. I only listen to non-copyrighted music when I play ETS2, either way. Since I am always recording stuff that may make into my Crashes Compilation series I do have the need for royalty-free music, myself. :)

Well, then I suppose I already know what truck I'll be driving if I do give this challenge a try. Thanks!

GP53e75.jpg

Hello there!

I haven't forget about you, I just had the chance on reviewing your record, and I have to say this was the most intense so far. Actually your actual driving was uneventful, but everything else was quite full with events. Let me go through the recording one by one.

Your trip was: Plastic film rolls between Kassel and Dortmund, low importance.

Distance driven: 74 miles => 118.4 kms

0:00 You started your delivery by instantly teleporting to the service station. This wasn't really necessary, as your load wasn't on its side, but I could see the huge traffic so I am OK with it for this trip.

1:18 Player "icedyl" crushing in. :)

1:40 You were allowing an incoming truck to turn left. While this was polite, not really advisable normally as it was unnecessary as noone behind you.

2:21 HoxtonK missing a turn. Also bumping into the side of the road. Seriously what's up with these people?

2:28 And he was just bumping into you. This was obvious trolling.

4:02 [68rus] SOIL pushing his trailer towards you. Well done on evading the crash, but this recording in itself would be worth being used as a report.

4:14 bugraccik almost hittin SOIL. Seriously, if I would have been you, I would have just stopped here.

4:33 Waiting for the other player to move. Amazing. I have all the respect for your patience.

7:18 [sPN]htbull_ reversing in a junction.

11:13 You were driving on the main road, it wasn't necessary to stop there. You had way.

Also hats off for your patience, because this must have been painful to record and to play considering it was lagging that badly. Also i have to say it was a very well done trip, you were basically driving quite chilled.

You scored:

200 - 0 = 200 => 200 x 1 = 200 (low importance trailer)  => 200 x 1 = 200 (online game)   => 200 + 11.84 = 211.84 => 212
Your total score is 212! Well done!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
uKXmbLR.png
ATiR Trans GmbH
Hahnstraße 83d

WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE30732269

Good idea! But I think SP and MP deliveries should be separated. 

I will keep this entry for the result on this record, because this is the last before I can ask you everyone to send new recordings.

Thank you for your patience!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
uKXmbLR.png
ATiR Trans GmbH
Hahnstraße 83d

WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE30732269

another thing i do to make it a little more difficult is i take the brake setting all the way down so you really have to give yourself plenty of time for breaking and have to watch out for AI drivers or other players 

Welll, here's mine for evaluation. Take your time.

Right off the bat I can say that I must have lost some points on the parking. Although I think I did a good job I tried to improve it and that's something I probably shouldn't have done. Also, most of the video has no music but near the end I started listening to the Windows Media Player playlist I had ready in the background.

GP53e75.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Inactive topic. Topic locked & archived.

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

Archived