Suggestion: Excessive Swearing/Insulting and Block User Communications(?)

Glada_Laxen

Suggestion Name: More specific and less strict rule for swearing/insulting.
Suggestion Description: It's a bit too strict. I will explain more below. 

Any example images: N/A 
Why should it be added?: Hi, I've been reading some appeals and reports made and seen a few users report others for writing very minor insults. And some that may not even be insults at all. 

Example 1Player A were to drive normally on the road and Player B goes straight for Player A and rams said player. That is quite idiotic so calling Player B an idiot isn't really insulting and shouldn't be a x day bannable offence. It's not like the word idiot is racist, discriminating, sexist or anything similar. It's simply implying someone being an idiot for doing something idiotic. Calling someone an idiot over and over would go under continuous harassment rather than insulting. 

Example 2: Then there are these other minor insults, an example I saw a few days ago. Player 1 wrote "Your mom is trash", which was not even towards Player 3(the reporter), and Player 1 was banned for 1 day or even more.

I don't mind example 2, I very rarely use the chat to insult someone or rarely insult anyone for that matter. I just personally believe it's a bit exaggerated to give a temporary ban for such a little offence. 

Suggestion Name: Blocking a user

Suggestion Description: A feature to block a user from chat, and maybe even their horn? 

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: I had a second suggestion in mind after writing this. I believe there's no such feature, so why not. Basically, a feature to block a user's communication in chat. And even better, to block their horn. Would be great since there may not ALWAYS be an admin to instantly take action or even one online to take any at all.

Edited by GladaLaxen

SHeDTix.png

There are too much situations where admins wont know what really happened, and that´s why Ive seen so much times:

- A ramms B

- B insults A

- A reports B for insulting

- B is banned

And well, thats obviously not fair at all. However, we all know trolls are only feed by insults to their own, they´ve more fun if they feel how their victim desperates, so in these cases, even if difficult, it´s better to stay calmed and shut up.

Thats why I´m not agree with changing the way it is now. Any other way of insulting is obviously a respect fault too, so np.

I´m agree with the chat/horn mute option though, : )

lkRjRkb.png

There are too much situations where admins wont know what really happened, and that´s why Ive seen so much times:

- A ramms B

- B insults A

- A reports B for insulting

- B is banned

And well, thats obviously not fair at all. However, we all know trolls are only feed by insults to their own, they´ve more fun if they feel how their victim desperates, so in these cases, even if difficult, it´s better to stay calmed and shut up.

Thats why I´m not agree with changing the way it is now. Any other way of insulting is obviously a respect fault too, so np.

I´m agree with the chat/horn mute option though, : )

Then there's an even bigger reason to change it in my opinion.

Trolls go around provoking people to say stupid things and then proceed to get them banned. The trolls would be more fed by having someone banned than being insulted. 

SHeDTix.png

It's very hard to deal with reports like this, because we can only go on what we see, so if a user does report a user, and then insults them after the admin loads up to the area, we can only act on what we see and since the rammer acted before the report, it makes it very difficult to respond to accordingly.

That being said, I do agree however that "idiot" is not something that should end up with a day ban length or more, because I understand that it can be frustrating as hell when this happens, however it does depend on the context of the situation and the language being used. For example, I banned someone for calling another user a "pussy" the other day and the context was not a random insult but was deliberate and targeted and thus this user got something like a 2 hour ban from me. This user was very close to being banned for much longer by another admin who was also in the area at the time, but I'm generally considered more forgiving than many.

Racist or otherwise discrimatory comments are considered worse by most admins and do result in a longer ban than normal.

Personally, if someone calls someone an idiot, most I would do is kick that user as he was breaking the rules as far as I can see but it's not offensive enough for a ban to me. That being said, each admin has their own methods of dealing with the rules and bans according to those methods.

• Upvote 1

i find your second example worth a big fat ban.people insulting other peoples mothers is a very big insult and infact people who say such things usualy throw around insults.

and its this kind of people indeed you should punnish hard.about the idiot and idiotic thing: i agree in some situations those words are more then justifiable.mainly idiotical or that was stupid or something or even that was a dick move are things that arent realy things that should be punnished in the right context.i do understand the problem for admins too get the right context tough..

It indeed is very frustrating when it happens, a long time ago there was a troll who rammed me and logged off, and then what I thought was another rammer trolling me turned out to be the same guy as before after checking name history, at this point I was mad so yes, I let the word 'idiot' appear in the chat and of course he forum reported me and I got a short ban. Luckily this person is banned for quite some time for insulting an admin. However since then I've learned not to say anything directly to trolls as it only makes the situation worse. 

Back to the suggestion, I agree that there should be a command like /block <ID> that blocks anything from them in the chat as well as private messages to them, instead of blocking pm's off entirely so I can still message my friends but ignore trolls. As far as the horn noise, you can already disable it in the options in the sound settings but a temporary block on a certian user would be very useful.

• Upvote 1

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.