Do I need a Schwarzmüller low loader trailer to haul a 61 ton locomotive?

SteamNOC

Question

I purchased the Heavy Cargo Trailer Pack DLC for the purpose of transporting a 61-ton locomotive.
But do I need the Schwarzmüller trailer DLC to transport a 61 ton locomotive? Or do I not need it?
There are four different types of trailers I purchased, summarized in the images below.
I also purchased the Schwarzmüller trailer DLC just in case, but I'm also curious whether the trailers are simply added or if there are any structural (modification) changes to the trailers in Standard Trailers.

227300_20240316145258.png.9341847891fec1c350645a0c8dd08dbf.png

Image Source: @SteamNOC (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199558457924/)

7 answers to this question

Hello, you need the Heavy Cargo DLC, to Transport the Locomotive! The Schwarzmüller DLC is a Trailer Manufactor, like Krone, Tiersan, Wielton and Krone! These are Real Brands and  bringing their own Real Life Trailers to the Game as seperate DLC´s.! They are not including additional Cargo Types. But, you have done nothing Wrong with buying the Schwarzmüller DLC, because it is, like all other Trailer DLC, a very nice Add On!

You can find here very useful Informations about ETS2 and its DLCs: https://truck-simulator.fandom.com/de/wiki/Heavy_Cargo_Pack

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

You can preview available cargo for any of the trailers with visible cargo model (or changes to trailer model): from the Main Menu -> Content Browser -> Trailer Browser.

In "Trailer Model"  option, choose trailer from the list, there is only basic model for each trailer, but there are configuration options (in the top left corner is drop down menu to switch between standard and various DLC trailers), in the "Chassis" option select desired axle configuration. Drop down menu with list of available cargo appears in the top right corner when applicable.

You will need Low Bed trailer with minimum of 5 axles, and the Locomotive only fits if the trailer is extended to full lenght.

Purchase any of the last 4 chassis options (1+4 or 5 axles extendable) - short and long version of extendable trailer is actually one trailer and you can swap between the two versions any time the trailer is attached to your truck, press F7 followed by Enter, choose Adjust Trailer option ( if the option is grayed out, there isn't sufficient space behind).

• Like 1

On 2024. 3. 16. at 오후 5시 31분, Granite [SVK] said:

You can preview available cargo for any of the trailers with visible cargo model (or changes to trailer model): from the Main Menu -> Content Browser -> Trailer Browser.

In "Trailer Model"  option, choose trailer from the list, there is only basic model for each trailer, but there are configuration options (in the top left corner is drop down menu to switch between standard and various DLC trailers), in the "Chassis" option select desired axle configuration. Drop down menu with list of available cargo appears in the top right corner when applicable.

You will need Low Bed trailer with minimum of 5 axles, and the Locomotive only fits if the trailer is extended to full lenght.

Purchase any of the last 4 chassis options (1+4 or 5 axles extendable) - short and long version of extendable trailer is actually one trailer and you can swap between the two versions any time the trailer is attached to your truck, press F7 followed by Enter, choose Adjust Trailer option ( if the option is grayed out, there isn't sufficient space behind).

To transport the locomotive, you have to use trailers 3, and 4, right?
Is trailer number 1 and 2 not working?

I said which trailer it is, It's an extendable low bed with 5 axles, either with all axles in the rear or one in the front, and only fully extended, for short versions cargo will not show up in the market.

See the pictures bellow, those are literally only two trailers that can accept locomotive cargo, anything else is too small and/or below load capacity.

Also, keep in mind it's not guaranteed to find desired cargo in external contracts, this is one of the hard to find, not available to pick up or drop off just anywhere, you'll only find it at locomotive manufacturers and some general logistics companies.

ss_b0c3632c0491b37561d7fbe77857d4096c5ee

ss_aa43533d029176e64ff6ab5b01681a7bcf99a

• Upvote 1

Hello there,

Has your question been answered with the above given answer(s)?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum organized!

I look forward to your response.

King regards,

DieseL.

TruckersMP Support

Kind Regards,

DieseL.

TruckersMP | Pirate Driver

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System