Suggestion Name: Proactive Kick System

Suggestion Description:  We cannot always find admins in the right place and at the right time in the game. Therefore, if there is no active admin in that area, using the in-game reporting system, if +25 people in that area report the same player(numbers can be changeable) that player will be teleported directly to the nearest mechanic station. So by using this system, we can get rid of players who violate the rules, such as trolls blocking the road, without in-game admins.

Votebox.thumb.png.3b7b172f10180973d1ed64634a8fa3d7.png

Why should it be added?: The control of the in-game reporting system and the frequency of in-game admins' presence in the game may vary. To overcome such problems and avoid unnecessary congestion in the web reporting system, such a player rating-focused reporting system can be added

While the concept may seem appealing in theory, in reality, it is riddled with flaws. Vote kick/punish systems are frequently abused, serving as tools for targeting and various malicious activities.

The only situation where someone can genuinely be considered as causing a blockage is if they obstruct the full length of a road with a central reservation. For instance, when a driver spans across all lanes approaching the Calais intersection. In such cases, if an admin isn't available, you have two options: report them or use '/disconnect' to navigate around and then re-join, continuing your journey.

Many users often linger behind a blockage, repeatedly typing "rec x in chat" or "ADMIN SLEEPING," waiting for someone to provide a solution. A more proactive approach would be, as mentioned, to /disconnect and drive past them, then re-join and continue. If the area you plan to re-join is busy, it's strongly recommended that before reconnecting, you pull over to a safe location. This ensures you won't be impeding traffic upon respawn.

• Upvote 5

You are right about what you said. However, since the voting systems will be given by the players in the game, they will need 25 active players for a troll kick or teleport (the number can be increased or decreased). That's why, as in the example you gave, since it is forbidden to make convoys on roads such as the Calais road, all players almost play alone or in small groups. So in order to kick or teleport another player, they will need to get votes from other people from community. Therefore, I think this idea suggestion will help in solving instant problems in the game.

I like the theory of it. Having to wait 30+ minutes for an admin to get out of bed to deal with one child snowflake is a pain for everybody.

Problem is, it can either be abused by having anyone behaving being falsely kicked & TP'd. Or, will be ignored by anyone who doesn't speak the same language. Which is about 80% of the local players.

I would rather staff enlist more moderators with Veteran V or higher and less then 3 active bans. That way, there's more staff presence during busy hours. And, all reports are dealt with like they were in the old days.

24 minutes ago, Sunstrider said:

I would rather staff enlist more moderators with Veteran V or higher and less then 3 active bans. That way, there's more staff presence during busy hours. And, all reports are dealt with like they were in the old days.

Admins with active bans is a no go. You can't exactly have someone going around enforcing the rules when, in the last year, they haven't followed them. I also don't see how account age affects activity levels. Older accounts tend to mean older people. Older people tend to have day jobs. People with day jobs are known not to have the most time. 

50 minutes ago, -MaRtY- said:

You are right about what you said. However, since the voting systems will be given by the players in the game, they will need 25 active players for a troll kick or teleport (the number can be increased or decreased). That's why, as in the example you gave, since it is forbidden to make convoys on roads such as the Calais road, all players almost play alone or in small groups. So in order to kick or teleport another player, they will need to get votes from other people from community. Therefore, I think this idea suggestion will help in solving instant problems in the game.

What stops one person convincing 24 others to report someone for the fun of it? If one person says report someone, you can pretty much bet that people will try to. 

Also, if your suggestion was to go ahead, there'd have to be consideration given to blocking other report options if a report for that user has already been submitted. 

52 minutes ago, Bеаn said:

Admins with active bans is a no go. You can't exactly have someone going around enforcing the rules when, in the last year, they haven't followed them. I also don't see how account age affects activity levels. Older accounts tend to mean older people. Older people tend to have day jobs. People with day jobs are known not to have the most time. 

What stops one person convincing 24 others to report someone for the fun of it? If one person says report someone, you can pretty much bet that people will try to. 

Also, if your suggestion was to go ahead, there'd have to be consideration given to blocking other report options if a report for that user has already been submitted. 

As I mentioned in my answers above, 25 is just one example and can increase or decrease. Apart from this, in the current active in-game system, if someone else has reported the player you will report before you, the system blocks you from reporting, perhaps if this voting system is combined with the system where admins see in-game reports. If it is listed above in the admins' system as an intense complaint, the problem will be solved with minimum loss of people's driving pleasure and maximum speed in the game.

The purpose of recommending a voting system is to solve the problem in the game within the game, otherwise players can use the web reporting system and ban the guilty person from the game. However, the time spent on the game and the lost pleasure in the game while the problem occurs will not come back when the guilty person is banned from the game. Therefore, in order to find a quick and accurate solution, the number of people does not matter, it can be 25, it can be 50, it does not matter if a certain number of players complain about the same thing. If the suspect player states that this is wrong, who voted can be recorded. Each player has an honesty factor level. If there are too many wrong or troll votes, the honesty level of these players decreases and they cannot vote for a certain period of time. In this way, we can prevent troll votes.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, -MaRtY- said:

the honesty level of these players decreases and they cannot vote for a certain period of time. In this way, we can prevent troll votes.

Most CD drivers aren't honest players. If such a defence mechanism were in place, you'd have to have x amount of honest players witnessing whatever incident everyone is upset about. Which, on roads like CD, could take some time.

There's no foolproof solution. The only real attraction of a system like this is to reduce blockages. But as countless people say time and again, if you're that bothered about a blockage, why do you sit behind it? If people were that annoyed at being blocked, they'd do something about it, i.e., disconnect.

For now, the best way to combat trolls blocking is: /disconnect, drive past, and reconnect. The moment more people start doing this, the fewer blockages there will be. People only block because they enjoy annoying others. If you don't let them get to you, they'll give up blocking because they're not getting their desperation for satisfaction fulfilled.

38 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

Such a voting system has already been proposed in the past and has always been rejected due to the possibility of abuse.

As other users mentioned above, it may cause misuse, but almost all online game/simulation type productions have a voting system. It can sometimes cause bad use in other games, but they do not remove the system just because some people can misuse it, because when used correctly, voting systems reduce the workload of admins in the game, reduce the density of web reports that will occur, and most importantly, make the players happy because instant results are produced for the problem. Since the management in voting systems will be in the community, it helps to ensure player unity in the game.

In addition, as I mentioned above, apart from kicking the suspicious player directly from the server or teleporting him to another area as a result of the voting, he may appear in the top ranks as a player reported by more than one person in the system where admins view the reports.

18 minutes ago, -MaRtY- said:

As other users mentioned above, it may cause misuse, but almost all online game/simulation type productions have a voting system. It can sometimes cause bad use in other games, but they do not remove the system just because some people can misuse it, because when used correctly, voting systems reduce the workload of admins in the game, reduce the density of web reports that will occur, and most importantly, make the players happy because instant results are produced for the problem. Since the management in voting systems will be in the community, it helps to ensure player unity in the game.

In addition, as I mentioned above, apart from kicking the suspicious player directly from the server or teleporting him to another area as a result of the voting, he may appear in the top ranks as a player reported by more than one person in the system where admins view the reports.

I truely understand your motives.

But what will happen to a player that became a victim of misuse of this feature?

For example, if a player who is doing a World Of Trucks job is kicked from the server or teleported, (s)he will lose his or her progress with no way to recover it.

How could (s)he be compensated, if at all?

Just now, blabberbeak said:

I truley understand your motives.

But what will happen to a player that became a victim of misuse of this feature?

For example, if a player who is doing a World Of Trucks job is kicked from the server or teleported, (s)he will lose his or her progress with no way to recover it.

How could (s)he be compensated, if at all?

I have answered this issue in my previous answers. People who vote can be registered in the system. There is a level of accuracy factor, and as you vote incorrectly, this rate decreases, and players who vote incorrectly or troll may not vote for a certain period of time.

vote-min.png.4abb0e5c918a9a504abf0c803a66ef3f.png

In addition, if we want to leave the final decision to the admins, the result of the voting system can be given priority to the place where the admin views the reports and the problem in the intense problem area can be solved quickly.

2 minutes ago, -MaRtY- said:

I have answered this issue in my previous answers. People who vote can be registered in the system. There is a level of accuracy factor, and as you vote incorrectly, this rate decreases, and players who vote incorrectly or troll may not vote for a certain period of time.

vote-min.png.4abb0e5c918a9a504abf0c803a66ef3f.png

In addition, if we want to leave the final decision to the admins, the result of the voting system can be given priority to the place where the admin views the reports and the problem in the intense problem area can be solved quickly.

Your answer considers players who incorrectly voted, but doesn't consider the victim and his/ her received disadvantage.

4 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

Your answer considers players who incorrectly voted, but doesn't consider the victim and his/ her received disadvantage.

In the above example, the suspected player does not receive any penalty. It will only be reported and since the admin can see the past records, he can follow the reported player with the voting result, decide whether the vote is right or wrong and punish the suspicious player.

We will vote as players, admins can make the final decision.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bеаn said:

And that is why, there is a lack of admin presence. Sure, there could be some admins on. But, it's not enough to cover the full extent to keep up with the demand.

Account age typically means "experienced". There's a difference btwn someone who just bought the game for their first month. Compared to someone who's made a new account and knows what they are doing. Having a job doesn't always mean lesser time. There are Youtubers & Streamers who no life the game because they get paid through donations to fund a life that those who us who aren't, have to exhaust our body on an almost daily basis to be able to afford a living. Even with my 2 year break, i only have 1k hours in the game.

36 minutes ago, Sunstrider said:

Account age typically means "experienced". There's a difference btwn someone who just bought the game for their first month. Compared to someone who's made a new account and knows what they are doing. Having a job doesn't always mean lesser time. There are Youtubers & Streamers who no life the game because they get paid through donations to fund a life that those who us who aren't, have to exhaust our body on an almost daily basis to be able to afford a living. Even with my 2 year break, i only have 1k hours in the game.

The age of a player's account or his/her playing time is not necessarily synonymous with experience. It depends on how a player has spent the time.
Take me for example. I bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 in 2013, but I haven't gained much game time in relation to that. Nevertheless, I consider myself more experienced than some players who drive the same road back and forth day in, day out.

4 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

You only forget 1 thing that is that players load up older save in order to spawn back at place to continue in what they were doing, so this just temporary solution imo.

With the solution I've outlined, I assumed that people possess sufficient intelligence to create a save and reload using that save. However, evidently, I was mistaken. Therefore, I will re-explain my solution to cater to those for whom intelligence isn't their strongest trait. 

Stage 1 - Open the chat and type /disconnect.
Stage 2 - Drive forward until you can be sure you've cleared the blockage.
Stage 3 - Pull over somewhere safe.
Stage 4 - Press ` to open the game console and type 'save' or save in the conventional way.
Stage 5 - Press ` to open the game console and type 'game' or use the launchpad to reconnect.

the links on game console is the first post I could find related to the console, there may be an updated version. 

7 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

The age of a player's account or his/her playing time is not necessarily synonymous with experience. It depends on how a player has spent the time.
Take me for example. I bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 in 2013, but I haven't gained much game time in relation to that. Nevertheless, I consider myself more experienced than some players who drive the same road back and forth day in, day out.

I'm not denying your more skilled then your average skoda troll. I just want to know, how many hours is logged on your steam account.

37 minutes ago, Sunstrider said:

I'm not denying your more skilled then your average skoda troll. I just want to know, how many hours is logged on your steam account.

I have 1,523 hrs logged, whereas, you have 1,044 hours. Does my hours advantage make me a better driver or a better moderator compared to you?

Without leaving the main idea of the subject, playing time and experience can be seen as directly proportional. However, productive learning and entertainment should develop in direct proportion during these hours. From this point In my opinion, codes like /disconnect are the same as quick record and traveling with ghost mode. If we do not forget that Ets2 is a simulation type game, these codes are simple movements that are far from realistic, so I think we need a system where we do not need such codes.

51 minutes ago, -MaRtY- said:

Without leaving the main idea of the subject, playing time and experience can be seen as directly proportional. However, productive learning and entertainment should develop in direct proportion during these hours. From this point In my opinion, codes like /disconnect are the same as quick record and traveling with ghost mode. If we do not forget that Ets2 is a simulation type game, these codes are simple movements that are far from realistic, so I think we need a system where we do not need such codes.

If the mod had any semblance of realism, we wouldn't encounter players in cars and trucks blocking the road for several minutes. Thus, the suggestion that we don't need such commands because they render the game unrealistic is solely the fault of the unrealistic players the game attracts. It's a catch-22. If we had realistic and sensible players, there would be no need for commands to address the unrealistic and immature behaviours.

8 hours ago, Bеаn said:

I have 1,523 hrs logged, whereas, you have 1,044 hours. Does my hours advantage make me a better driver or a better moderator compared to you?

Since i haven't seen your driving or POV's to determine what you see as a rulebreak compared to what i see, i'm going to assume slightly better driving and even moderator.

12 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

All good, I didn't take it that way. I have some 930 hours logged on Euro Truck Simulator 2 in Steam (plus an unknown number of hours before Steam), and some 140 hours logged on American Truck Simulator.