We need a real simulator server...

MrCoffee.dk

Suggestion Name: New real simulator server(no cars and busses allowed)

Suggestion Description: Read on.

Why should it be added: Most real simulator truckers hate the cars and busses and the fact that if u crash, u got 10sec to F7+enter, before someone reports u.

A server where u are allowed to try and drive into shoulder if in accident, not stress to hit F7+Enter.
Cars and busses not allowed there, since their mechanic dont fit, cars dont handle like cars and so on.

Been part of this for almost 10 years and getting more and more tired, since cars dont get banned, often the truck victim is banned instead.

This is a truck sim, not a car or bus sim, they shouldnt be more important than trucks..

Cant stand the 2mins wait while someone gets of the road.. well dont come here.. its not a stress simulator..

Ok cars and busses should be a part of it, if true simulator.
But then they need to be non-contact with trucks or at least weight less, so they cant just ram a truck and make it fly away.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I do totally agree with your opinion, but I am not to sure, if it should be a completely new server, maybe it could replace Simulation 2. We already have a lot of Servers in the server list and it could slowly be very overwhelming, especially for new truckers, having so much servers to choose from. 
On the other hand I can only see one thing in particular you would like to add or improve, which I totally agree with, and that's the physics between other vehicles and the trucks. But I do think it is really difficult to develop such things, as a mod. 🙂

• Upvote 1

Hello there, @MrCoffee.dk

First of all, thank you so much for taking time and creating this suggestion! 

2 hours ago, MrCoffee.dk said:

Why should it be added: Most real simulator truckers hate the cars and busses and the fact that if u crash, u got 10sec to F7+enter, before someone reports u.

A server where u are allowed to try and drive into shoulder if in accident, not stress to hit F7+Enter.
Cars and busses not allowed there, since their mechanic dont fit, cars dont handle like cars and so on.

Been part of this for almost 10 years and getting more and more tired, since cars dont get banned, often the truck victim is banned instead.

This is a truck sim, not a car or bus sim, they shouldnt be more important than trucks..

Cant stand the 2mins wait while someone gets of the road.. well dont come here.. its not a stress simulator..

But then they need to be non-contact with trucks or at least weight less, so they cant just ram a truck and make it fly away.

After I carefully reviewed your suggestion about a "New Simulation server" I came to this outcome: 

I have a two question for you: 

Why would you create a new server? 

• Do you think that even if you took cars away from players that it would change the situation? 

Why do you think that taking vehicles away should be done when the same can players do with trucks?

I don't think either will solve this situation, as this is no longer up to the admins or other team members, this is in the people. If people keep driving like this and breaking the rules all the time, there is nothing we can do about it. These people will still get bans, and it won't change anything on the server. So until all players learn to ride properly and safely, we have absolutely nothing to talk about for now. 

In conclusion, I can't support this idea as it won't change any situation. 

Kind Regards,

[MCG] RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Patron Master Trucker & Veteran Driver IV | MCG Expert Driver 🚚

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

3 hours ago, MrCoffee.dk said:

Totally agree!! Sometimes you don’t need to F7 but you just have to wait before you can use /fix, so being unable to safely be able to pull over onto the hard shoulder or in a safe space would be perfect. This generally isn’t a problem unless you are in a busy area.

I absolutely hate the chaos on Sim1, I do not like the cars or caravans. But on Sim2, I do not like the increased speed limit. 

I would love a real simulation server, where you can only go the speed limit, collisions are enabled in companies (so you actually have to wait like irl) but AFK is disabled (so drivers can’t sit there, blocking a loading bay at a company) I’d also remove /fix in this server, the point of the real simulation server is to make it as real to real life as possible ! Also would like to see much tougher punishments for anybody who breaks any rule in this server! 

Yes, it would never be as popular as simulation 1, but honestly, it would be really nice to have a server like this where we can just go and drive with other drivers in a professional way without trolls and Chaos! 

In my opinion, if you want to travel 150 whatever the max speed limit is) then go on Arcade! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

Hello there, @MrCoffee.dk

First of all, thank you so much for taking time and creating this suggestion! 

After I carefully reviewed your suggestion about a "New Simulation server" I came to this outcome: 

I have a two question for you: 

Why would you create a new server? 

• Do you think that even if you took cars away from players that it would change the situation? 

Why do you think that taking vehicles away should be done when the same can players do with trucks?

I don't think either will solve this situation, as this is no longer up to the admins or other team members, this is in the people. If people keep driving like this and breaking the rules all the time, there is nothing we can do about it. These people will still get bans, and it won't change anything on the server. So until all players learn to ride properly and safely, we have absolutely nothing to talk about for now. 

In conclusion, I can't support this idea as it won't change any situation. 

Kind Regards,

[MCG] RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Patron Master Trucker & Veteran Driver IV | MCG Expert Driver 🚚

Maybe some trolls would go drive a truck, but truck vs truck acts "normal", while truck vs car or bus, truck goes flying.. so i would rather have a truck vs truck.

If cars and busses were changed, to fit in, which they dont atm, I wouldnt mind them, but atm they are like bombs for trucks.. we go flying while they drive on, and we get ban/kick from the accident while the car goes on..

Hornestly, a big change would be to allow players to go to shoulder.. I see so many getting reported for blocking, 1 sec after they crash... thats nowhere near any simulation 😕 I know some trolls would abuse that, but Im sure there could be made something, like u have max 5mins to move and a report is ok or something like that

1 hour ago, LordLegend said:

I do totally agree with your opinion, but I am not to sure, if it should be a completely new server, maybe it could replace Simulation 2. We already have a lot of Servers in the server list and it could slowly be very overwhelming, especially for new truckers, having so much servers to choose from. 
On the other hand I can only see one thing in particular you would like to add or improve, which I totally agree with, and that's the physics between other vehicles and the trucks. But I do think it is really difficult to develop such things, as a mod. 🙂

Then maybe change a server, wouldnt mind that 🙂
Its just atm cars and busses feels like bombs for trucks and we get the blame in the end 😞
I play this to feel near to my dead dad and the cars only make me wanna ram everyone at the end.. :S

I totally disagree with you ..

What is real about driving only truck.

Are cars and busses only used by trolls 

What is real about simulation without traffic and accident

Don't get me wrong 

Am never in support of trolls 

But, what you are saying is not part of realism.

If you don't like chaos in sim1

Then CD is not the only route in sim1

Explore the map 

• True Story 1

Problem is that "We" in this suggestion is maybe some dozens of players. Versus thousands of GTA/NFS style fans that don't need and most importantly, don't want anything that resembles simulation. I doubt that TMP would open a new server and the existing ones... The only suitable for a change would be Arcade, as it is the least used one. But if this server were changed, surely there would be lots of complaints, even from people who never used it and would never use it, asking to bring it back. You can see disagreement in this same topic (and in many others alike) from someone who would still have all other servers to play as they want, but still reject the mere idea of a Hard simulation server that they could simply ignore.

Besides, TMP would probably say that they don't need and don't want such a server. It would make things more difficult to handle and for just (best case scenario) 200-300 players? No way.

• Upvote 1

I'd agree to a simulation server with increased realism settings, which would include

• additional road traffic (AI) in low populated areas of the map,

• passenger vehicles and buses with correct physic models,

• a higher speed limit (Max. 130 km/h) for vehicles of a weight below 3,5 tons,

• digital tachographs for all trucks with automatic penalties for speed and rest period violations

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like this is a never ending topic.
What I fail to understand is how we cannot have 3 dedicated servers that accommodate 3 different play styles. 1 for dedicated sim enthusiasts, 1 for a casual sim experience (which imo is where majority of players seem to be), and 1 for an arcade experience. The fact that we have 3 servers but for some reason only the arcade server seems to have its identity issues figured out. Doubt there were changes to Sim2 in the last couple of months, but based on the last config, I couldn't figure out what the actual purpose of it was. The way I see it, Sim1 is essentially casual sim, Sim 2 lies between Sim1 and Arcade; It's like Sim 1.5 really. There aren't enough differences between the different server configs to get casual people into Sim 2 from Sim1. The ones that want 'some realism', but mostly just want to get from point a to b quickly/fast. For arcade players, Sim 2 doesn't seem to make sense either. 

I really wish they could give the dedicated sim players an actual server to play on instead of being combined with casual players. To me, this just creates unnecessary frustration. The people trying to sim frustrate the casuals, while the casuals frustrate the sim players. It's quite a dumb relationship.

I want to like TMP, I spent many hours on it, and sometimes come back to it. But I just get too annoyed too fast with the BS even in barely populated areas. There is always SOMEONE that is going to do something stupid. As someone who does WoTr and telemetry/stat tracking, it's really bothersome to have people cause damage to the cargo. I've tried hanging out in arcade, and that is where I ended my last TMP playing streak. Not being affected by idiotic activities by other players, was definitely a welcome change but what made me go back to SP/Convoy modes is the lack of seasonal mod support outside of Sim1 server if I'm being honest. Which I actually am curious about as to why it's not optional on the other servers like it is on Sim1. 

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1