/teleport command

RedNub

Suggestion Name: Create a Teleport command for using External Contracts

Suggestion Description: Create a Teleport command which should teleport you to the the nearest services around you and you'll not lose any progrese. 

Any example images: None

Why it should be added: We all already know that World Of Truck service has introduced a thing that teleporting is not working while you doing WoTr job a year maybe two ago. That was because many of people started to abuse it in case they wanted to be there and deliver the job as fast as possible. Due to this WoTr changed it.

Therefore, I'm asking why we should paid for someone who troll us in the game and based on that we need to delete the job and lose all progress?

In that case to avoid such accidents and losing spended time on Wotr job a command that should allow us to teleport to the service without any losing on our progress. How should it look like?  When a player will have an accident while he's doing WoTr job with another truck and won't be able to move, he will easily type /teleport /tpr in the chat and it'll automatically teleport him to nearest service around him.

What do you think? Is that a cool idea for MP, share your comments down there.

Regards, 

[MCG] RedWolf [CZ] 

• Upvote 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

1 hour ago, Granite [SVK] said:

What do you mean? Inability to use tow service without abandoning the job?

That's been around way longer than that and it's hardcoded in the game by SCS, same as speed limiter, can't be bypassed with mods, probably even cheats.

TMP can't and shouldn't do anything about it.

Hello there, 

Game Moderators can do /tpr - which can teleport the players in to the service, in thus case, I don't see any issue to make it also for players, there also can be some time counter. 

2 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

Don't bring WoT into populated zones and you won't have to worry about it. Like you said, Teleporting would just make it easier to abuse getting to the destination sooner. Maybe the teleport command/option should only be used to TP you to the last city you were in. Making it null to get closer and instead be a setback.

Does not matter where would I drive now. I just got a suggestion that came into my mind. 😉 and wouldnt be bad for players. I also understand what you meant, because it more than clearly that players might start abuse this command. There still some solution exists. 

Thank ya'll for your messages / comments 

Regards,

[MCG] RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Patron Master Trucker Veteran Driver IV I MCG Expert Driver 🚛

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

59 minutes ago, Joe Walker said:

The answer from scs of abusing teleport from wot contracts, was blocking the teleport function. And I don't think scs would like it, if anyone is manipulate this system.

As I said, only GM's can now use it, so you can be glad if you will find some of them on the road and they'll help you to teleport to serviuce without loosing job. 

31 minutes ago, Heasid said:

I think this command can be useful, and it can be frustrating when the load is unnecessarily canceled due to the truck overturning or encountering a bug after an accident. I believe it's a great idea. I support you. :HaulieLove:

Thank you so much, I hope in same, however it can't be done, we'll be informed about it from Community Management ❤️

• HaulieLove 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

4 hours ago, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

Game Moderators can do /tpr - which can teleport the players in to the service, in thus case, I don't see any issue to make it also for players, there also can be some time counter. 

Moderator can indeed teleport players anywhere for free, but players shouldn't have this ability, that would be super easy to abuse.

Players can use fast travel while not on a job or tow service while on a standard job. External jobs do not allow tow service and disable "goto" console command even in singleplayer, Like I said, it's hardcoded in the game.

What would happend if moderator teleported player with active WoT job, I don't know for sure since it never happened to me, but I bet it would cause desync with WoT servers, suspending the job, and attempt to resume the job would sync progress with WoT servers and teleport the player back in the same place and in the same state as before.

You or TMP can't do anything about it, deal with it, or don't take external jobs if you can't stay on all wheels.

1 hour ago, Granite [SVK] said:

Moderator can indeed teleport players anywhere for free, but players shouldn't have this ability, that would be super easy to abuse.

Players can use fast travel while not on a job or tow service while on a standard job. External jobs do not allow tow service and disable "goto" console command even in singleplayer, Like I said, it's hardcoded in the game.

What would happend if moderator teleported player with active WoT job, I don't know for sure since it never happened to me, but I bet it would cause desync with WoT servers, suspending the job, and attempt to resume the job would sync progress with WoT servers and teleport the player back in the same place and in the same state as before.

You or TMP can't do anything about it, deal with it, or don't take external jobs if you can't stay on all wheels.

Hello there again, 

I honestly don't know how much do you know about ETS2, I think you know enough. If yes, you should also a bit know that there is one tactic you can use if you have a crash in TMP while you're driving with WoTr job. This really works in most cases however sometimes it doesnt and that's why I came up with this idea. It's not all about if you can or can't stay on your wheels in game, because if you get rammed in the game, it's not a your fault at all. 

How to recover external job

• 1. You need to press as quickly as possible Esc (go to the game menu)
  • 2. Click the current task window (top left)
  • 3. As soon as you see the WoTr sync window - quickly press the same Esc key
  • 4. You should see a sync error. If so, then good.
  • 5. Click "Connect" in the error box, and then "Continue delivery"

As I said, this is not always work 🙂 

Kind Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Patron Master Trucker & Veteran Driver IV | MCG Expert Driver 🚚

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

• 1 month later...