Kick player after x amount of reports within a period of time

Just as the title suggests, please consider making it possible to auto-kick a player from the server if he receives an x number of reports by multiple players within a period of time (5 minutes or so).

It will majorly improve the situation on the C-D road and traffic jams created by people blocking on purpose will short themselves out. It can also be used to kick players that overtake on large traffic jams and cause more traffic. Every time i report these players, i almost always get a notification that they're already reported but judging by the sheer number of reports being submitted, they usually get away with it. Please do implement it if it's possible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello @Random_Truck_Driver

This is a good idea but it is one problem, when multipie players are trolling to reports other players (innocent) with no reason and the other (innocent) player got been kicked because the other (Trolling) players are report him for no reason.
Its can been abused for trolling, at this point i would like to say i dont support that and think this should dont been relased by now.
At the last point the your idea is good, but the Risk of Trollingplayers is high .

Kind regards,

Julian German

RSL Human Resources

• Upvote 2

Kind regards,
[RSL] Julian [GER]
RSL Human Resources

I think the better would be to make something like system that identifies when you are crashing into someone and then you got kicked. i don't honestly how hard is to create this. 

• Like 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Yes, unfortunately I don’t see this working because you will just have players reporting people just to get them automatically kicked and they will find it funny. If people used the report system correctly, then this suggestion could work, but people always find a way to ruin it, which is why I don’t see it working.. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Julian German [80/90km/h] said:

This is a good idea but it is one problem, when multipie players are trolling to reports other players (innocent) with no reason and the other (innocent) player got been kicked because the other (Trolling) players are report him for no reason.

Its can been abused for trolling, at this point i would like to say i dont support that and think this should dont been relased by now.

At the last point the your idea is good, but the Risk of Trollingplayers is high .

Kind regards,

Julian German

RSL Human Resources

First of all, thanks for creating this topic.

But although it's a nice thought as a thought, it's definitely open-ended for trolling purposes, so it's risky for innocent players, personally, I don't want to be kicked out of the game at once while carrying a load , kekw 😄

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Julian German [80/90km/h] said:

Kind regards,

Julian German

RSL Human Resources

I think if the number of reports is high enough, it can't be abused by trolls. Think of 20 unique players or so. That should be high enough to stop trolls from abusing it and also help the situation in large traffic jams and only then.

14 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

I think if the number of reports is high enough, it can't be abused by trolls. Think of 20 unique players or so. That should be high enough to stop trolls from abusing it and also help the situation in large traffic jams and only then.

Imagine a convoy of 20 people. Some random player shows up and decides to join them. They all get annoyed and report him, and as soon as the 20th person reports him, he gets kicked. Not really fair, is it?

This can be done with any limit, if you have enough people reporting for no reason, there's no way to limit it.

2 hours ago, djoh said:

Imagine a convoy of 20 people. Some random player shows up and decides to join them. They all get annoyed and report him, and as soon as the 20th person reports him, he gets kicked. Not really fair, is it?

This can be done with any limit, if you have enough people reporting for no reason, there's no way to limit it.

I agree you.

17 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

When some random Player is driving thru a convoy an Szenario : the convoy (40 drivers) ist driving 80km/h and the other player 80-82km/h , the convoy is Drive up on a Highway. And the random Player is allready on the Highway. And then He is middle from the convoy, and the the half of the convoy drivers are Mad that he is driving in the middle of the convoy and report him (random Player) and He will Been kicked for doing nothing wrong. This isn't fair.

And If troller want find a way to Bypass the kick system to kick other Players the will Be finding it. The system is a bog Risk for innocent Player.

I will Not Support that because ITS to big Risk.

Kind regards,
[RSL] Julian [GER]
RSL Human Resources

32 minutes ago, Julian German [80/90km/h] said:

I agree you.

When some random Player is driving thru a convoy an Szenario : the convoy (40 drivers) ist driving 80km/h and the other player 80-82km/h , the convoy is Drive up on a Highway. And the random Player is allready on the Highway. And then He is middle from the convoy, and the the half of the convoy drivers are Mad that he is driving in the middle of the convoy and report him (random Player) and He will Been kicked for doing nothing wrong. This isn't fair.

And If troller want find a way to Bypass the kick system to kick other Players the will Be finding it. The system is a bog Risk for innocent Player.

I will Not Support that because ITS to big Risk.

The scenario describes unprofessional convoy management. 

Convoy management has to ensure that the convoy can enter the highway as a whole and that it is not split by vehicles which don't belong to the convoy.

All reports made by members of the convoy must be declined and rated as negative by a report modetator, as the driver of the non-convoy vehicle doesn't violate any TruckersMP rule.

• True Story 1

2 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

The scenario describes unprofessional convoy management. 

Convoy management has to ensure that the convoy can enter the highway as a whole and that it is not split by vehicles which don't belong to the convoy.

All reports made by members of the convoy must be declined and rated as negative by a report modetator, as the driver of the non-convoy vehicle doesn't violate any TruckersMP rule.

It ofter can Happening that other Players are spliting the convoy, because on Public Servers must follow all Road Rules and the truckersmp Rules, and when the other player is on the Highway we cannot Block them or someone have a Green light to Block them to Drive. 

And a Report Moderator can't be declined and rated as negative because the troller Report them ingame and the Report Moderator only review the Reports on the homepage.

Kind regards,
[RSL] Julian [GER]
RSL Human Resources

10 minutes ago, Julian German [80/90km/h] said:

It ofter can Happening that other Players are spliting the convoy, because on Public Servers must follow all Road Rules and the truckersmp Rules, and when the other player is on the Highway we cannot Block them or someone have a Green light to Block them to Drive. 

If you ever wondered what the pedal next to the accelerator pedal is good for - it's to slow down and stop a vehicle, or in case of a convoy, vehicles.

Exactly because convoys don't have priority on public servers, they might have to stop and give way where required.

As I said before: unprofessional convoy management.

16 minutes ago, Julian German [80/90km/h] said:

And a Report Moderator can't be declined and rated as negative because the troller Report them ingame and the Report Moderator only review the Reports on the homepage.

Nobody said to rate the report moderator. 

The report can (and in the described situation should) be declined and rated negatively for the mentioned reason.

Besides of that, reports can.be made via the in-game report system or the web report system. The latter is the one my post refers to.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 8:33 AM, djoh said:

This sounds like a very extreme & specific use-case with a very small chance of happening and the punishment in the end of the day is just a kick from the server. Again, this can also be solved though if the game-system reports you can submit are limited for a specific amount of time (i.e 2-3 reports for every 10-15 minutes so players would think twice before submitting one).

On the other hand, i've been a frequent traveller of the C-D road in the past 7 years and the main issue in large traffic jams are players blocking or overtaking and as a result they end up causing more traffic & more chaos.

I can assure you that many issues can be auto-resolved by kicking players that pile up reports on their names. Furthermore, i can also imagine that if they get kicked enough, they might re-consider how they behave when they come across large traffic lines.