We need to make the Community Better and there's only way to do...

'Rossoo770s.

Hello TruckersMP players and Staff,

I'd like to make some suggestions on changing the actual virtual way in a Real Simulation or better, trying to make the Community always Better.

Since the current rules are not respected, or rather, they are respected but only in part...why not make some changes to ensure that EVERYONE respects them?
Respect for the rules and mutual respect between players is important, this is the only way to get a Better Community!

I have been playing TMP for the past 7/8 years (a it may seems strange) and in these 7/8 years I have seen it all, but in recent years the situation has changed a lot but for the worse... as I have already said and answered in other forum topics ,in this way it can't go on...we need to make changes to the rules,since it isn't respected sometimes not even by the admins themselves.

And to stay on topic and to respect the game, I would initially propose to radically change the current;

Simulation 1 into a Real Simulation;
- Speed limit blocked at 90Km/h. (This is a simulator game not a racing game).
- No cars/vehicles other than trucks allowed (we are on a TRUCK simulator, not F1 or GTA...cars or other vehicle don't make sense.) except for Staff/Admins use to block roads during events convoys excc.
- Collisions on public roads and in public car parks such as: companies, gas stations, large car parks, etc. (as in reality).
And everything else remains unchanged.
Already with the idea of blocking the limits at 90kmh, the situation changes a lot in my opinion, because given the majority who believe they are on F1 or NFS, they lose the will and desire to play. And so maybe something could change...

Simulation 2; 
it could also remain as it is except for the speed limit, I would change it from 150kmh (which seems unrealistic and quite risky and dangerous since not everyone are able to drive at high speed and crash to other players..) to 110kmh.

(And then someone will explain me the famous and great result of the limit at 150kmh on simulation 2 if all the racers are always on sim 1 if the majority as it seems voted for SIM2 150kmh...)

Arcade;

even the name itself says it.
Server dedicated to all players who feel like being on F1 or NFS, and have the desire to race with theur truck/car with no rules except for hacking excc.

ProMods,

-Return back to 110kmh limit would be better,since this is a simulator game and not a racing game.

------------------------

§1.2 - Ban Evading/creating alt accounts to avoid permanent ban.

Creating or using another account to get around a Permanent ban will result in a permanent ban on all accounts you create.

§1.4 - Reporting users

The current rules are fine in my opinion, only that I would add to make it a little easier for those who perhaps play with a mouse or keyboard the possibility of reporting them also via chat with a simple command; /report (player id) Reason.

By doing this you would make life easier for many of us, also because it is not always possible to report a player due to disconnections from the server, too far to be taken/or out of map range.

Well, for the rest of the rules that I haven't mentioned, everything could also remain as it currently is.

Reporting players via TruckersMP website and punishments.

Regarding reports and how to report a player on the TMP website... I would remove the current and unfair thing that if a ban is accepted on calais duisburg/kirkenes road you don't get score, while if it is rejected on C-D or kirkenes you lose 2 score reports. And if it's on a normal road you will earn scores... That make no sense. If a ban is rejected fine,another one will be done...but don't take away my ability to make further bans just because a ban is rejected.

Obviusly exceptions can made on spamming or reporting players with any evidence excc. There's is correct a ban from the reporting system.

While now we move on to the players who enjoy trolling or annoying the community....

I would simply propose instead of continuing to ban them without any sense, since they don't understand how to play even after 4/5 bans active..., just do as on all other games is when you get banned.
On the 1st ban give them a warning (maybe from 1 to 7 days of ban), on the 2nd ban, 1 week or more (just depend on the gravity of the rule broken),and on the 3rd ban give a month or a few months,on the 4th ban 3 months or more (always depending on the rules broken and on the graviy of that), on the 5th ban 1 year / permanent. And above all to deny them the possibility of creating future accounts to avoid permanent bans.
Since most of those who get banned and get more than 4 bans in less than 1 year are just trolls or simply players who buy and download TMP just to annoy other players or because CD has become famous over the years, but not they have no desire to play properly as civilized and responsible people...

I also noticed some players that I reported and were banned after a short time they still get banned again, this shows that they have not understood anything about this game and that they are simply trolls who do it on purpose. Maybe they find it funny, but for someone like me who maybe wants to play peacefully and responsibly it's just a frustration that makes you want to act and maybe commit crimes...  
Being banned can happen to everyone and I don't doubt it, we can all make mistakes... once, two, three... I think that after 3 times you understand that you are wrong and you would ask yourself a few questions why after 3 more times are you doing that yet... but if you get more than 4 bans in less than 1 year it means either that you're stupid, or that you're simply a troll and you only need a several punishment.

Continuing to pardon players as it's now it's useless and a waste of time.

If these rules no longer work, we should try to change them... and make sure they are respected from A to Z.

It's only with respect and friendliness that you get a Better Community! Bypassing or breaking the rules does not bring anything positive, on the contrary, it destroys the community and causes players to lose, desire and passion to play a game.

All of this is fruit and experience that I have passed and am currently passing on TruckersMP,this is my point of view of the current regulation, I am sure and confident that if a change is achieved the Community will become better and maybe even welcoming.

I'm confident, I'm waiting for a feedback from you and tell me what do you think about the one mentioned above.

I sincerely hope for a better change and a more welcoming Community.

Best Regards,

Rosso.

• Upvote 7

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

We are constantly trying to bring these issues to the agenda by talking among ourselves in this way. But Truckersmp Developers and founders need to take a hand in this situation. 
I have been strongly supporting such topics for years and unfortunately I do not see the TruckserMP course as good.
Insufficient admin insufficient interest.

htEbz2X.jpg0cLkwYS.jpg

• Upvote 1

3RapOpo.png  

Hello there @Rσѕѕσ. myy bigfaan :HaulieLove:

First of all, thank you so much for taking time and making thus kind of really detailed suggestion. 

I am confident to say that right now and after a long time I see a well crafted topic about what should be redesigned and what should really be taken care of. 

I have been playing TMP for the past 7/8 years (a it may seems strange) and in these 7/8 years I have seen it all, but in recent years the situation has changed a lot but for the worse... as I have already said and answered in other forum topics ,in this way it can't go on...we need to make changes to the rules,since it isn't respected sometimes not even by the admins themselves.

And to stay on topic and to respect the game, I would initially propose to radically change the current;

I have almost total of same feelings, it started before 1 year when I have stared to watch some of things getting be more worse as before, the next things is Game Moderation Team, which really should be improved as I actually hear some of non-positive opinions comming from Game Moderators, however they are unable to say it to the public, maybe they afraid about being kicked from the team. 

Simulation 1 into a Real Simulation;
- Speed limit blocked at 90Km/h. (This is a simulator game not a racing game).

Totally agree, I might also add a feature to make the truck drive at a similar speed to what is set here in current location, to prevent players from going over the limit. At one point it was called "Road To Simulation" so why not keep it, I don't see any Simulation yet 

No cars/vehicles other than trucks allowed (we are on a TRUCK simulator, not F1 or GTA...cars or other vehicle don't make sense.) except for Staff/Admins use to block roads during events convoys excc.

- Cars would be allowed only for patreons ^^ however I understand the point that the players will buy it for one month to make some inconvenience.

- Collisions on public roads and in public car parks such as: companies, gas stations, large car parks, etc. (as in reality).

From the beggining I will not support thus feature as it can be dangerous for other players, just look at the current situation at petrol stations and you'll see the answer

§1.2 - Ban Evading/creating alt accounts to avoid permanent ban.

Creating or using another account to get around a Permanent ban will result in a permanent ban on all accounts you create.

Thus rule was there honestly, but GMM idk who has changed it got them a second chance, which is not supportable from my side.... and may be removed! 

§1.4 - Reporting users

In this part of the rules, a couple of things should really be tweaked, and that's:

- creating the number of reports - > max 20 that could be created 
- extending the period of registration - > instead of 14 days - extend the period to 20-25 days -> since the moderators are currently not able to take so many reports in time.

- Creating a team that will keep checking these reports on the site, as once a moderator gets access to the game, I believe they may enjoy working in the game more.

While now we move on to the players who enjoy trolling or annoying the community....

I think the community is great, both the TruckersMP team and the other players. 

The problem is the players themselveIn this case, I myself would treat them a lot more harshly by issuing long bans
To give an example - > Inappropriate Overtaking (C-D, or whatever in high populated areas) - is there really correct to get them banned only for 1 week? Noo, I would give them 2-3 weeks. Although it's possible that even then they won't learn, they'll do it again, and again, same ban, until they'll get a permanent ban. The main thing that needs to be reworked is the Report System and system of punishments🙂

I hope you'll be satisfied with my explanation.

I just want you to know that you have a big plus with me and I'm rooting for you to make this suggestion come true according to your dreams.

Have a nice daayyy! <333

Best Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver IV | MCG Veteran Driver 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

3 hours ago, Rσѕѕσ. said:

Simulation 1 into a Real Simulation;
- Speed limit blocked at 90Km/h. (This is a simulator game not a racing game).

100% Agree

Collisions on public roads and in public car parks such as: companies, gas stations, large car parks, etc. (as in reality).

Unfortunately, I do not see that one happening it would be virtually impossible. Can you actually imagine 10 trucks in one company having to maneuver around each other and being given the same pick up/delivery space? Add this with the fact you can now be AFK for 30 minutes there is just no way it would work. I like the idea, but realistically, especially on the busiest server, it just would not work

Simulation 2; 
it could also remain as it is except for the speed limit, I would change it from 150kmh (which seems unrealistic and quite risky and dangerous since not everyone are able to drive at high speed and crash to other players..) to 110kmh.

Also agree! Sometimes you don’t want to do C-D on Sim 1 as its just too busy, so you go on a quieter server, but then have trucks absolutely flying past you doing 150! When they hit you, they caused even more damage! Deffo reduce to 110. If you want speed, go on Arcade 

My Overall thoughts about Truckers MP 

Simulation 1 

Like many people this is the server you want to be on! Speed isn’t an issue as 110 is fine (but 90 would be even better). I enjoy sitting in traffic to a point, traffic ads that little bit of realism, but that just become a point where there is too much traffic. One thing i hate about Sim 1 is cars! They are the biggest problems which cause collisions, more reports, more traffic being held up. GET RID OF CARS ON SIMULATION 1!! 

Simulation 2

Only used this a couple of times to do a quick couple of jobs on the C-D road, it was quiet, a few people passing but too quiet. However, I did not appreciate being overtaken by a truck doing 150! If they had gone into me, they would’ve caused some serious damage and I just don’t believe there is any need to go that fast on a simulation game. It is knowing how fast you can drive, which kind of puts me off playing simulation 2 more. 

In-Game Report System

Such a useful way to report players, just a couple of clicks, and you have reported a player. However, unfortunately 90% of the time no action will be taken because your report “times out”. This then means you have to upload your video evidence to a third-party website like YouTube, create the actual report, then wait anyway, up to 1-2 to weeks for it to be reviewed. In my opinion, a driver who deserves to be banned, should not be allowed to continue playing for that long, whereas, if the in game reports system works better, they would be banned at the earliest opportunity, which would then actually would reduce the amount of duplicate reports for that player. 

Ban Lengths & Punishments

What I have found is that people (especially those in cars) only go on the game to cause chaos and literally do not care if they get banned 3/4/5 times! I feel like the ban system is way too lenient! One of my latest reports was against a player who only created the account at the end of June, already has two active bans so been banned for 4 of those weeks! My idea is

1st Offense: 7 Day Ban

2nd Offense: 14 Days (but if this is issued within two months of your last ban, this should automatically become 28 days)

3rd Offense: 28 days, (but if this is issued 3 months from last ban, this becomes 60 Days)

4th Offense: 60 Days (but if this is issues with ban in last 6 months, it becomes 90 days)

(Moral of the story your ban length becomes longer if you are being banned too close together)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This game is a game, not real life. I see issues with your "real simulation" idea. For example

Collisions on public roads and in public car parks such as: companies, gas stations, large car parks, etc. (as in reality).

I could in theory just park up at a company entrance and block anyone from entering. And are they not already enabled at fuel stations? I feel as if it's not needed. TruckersMP is meant to be a game where you can play with friends and make new ones. If you were forced to follow every single road rule, many of the great things about the game would fall away. I also feel it would cause more drivers to become reckless as rules that didn't used to be rules are now ones and they may not realise. For example: If they banned running red lights, so many players would be caught out and get moderation action taken against them. Unless absolutely required, the games rules shouldn't change something that was once allowed and deemed okay by the community and staff to become something that is now banned.

No cars/vehicles other than trucks allowed (we are on a TRUCK simulator, not F1 or GTA...cars or other vehicle don't make sense.)

The cars add a sense of realism into the game as you would not just see only trucks on a motorway. Also, staff and moderators aren't the only people who may need to use cars like if a convoy is being hosted by non-staff, they may prefer to have cars parked up instead of trucks, or drive alongside the convoy in a car. You're not going racing speeds and those who do drive at 110 are usually safe, its only a handful of bad drivers that you would pick up on as they cause the most disruption. Someone driving at 110 only puts them self at risk, no one else.

To give my opinion on some other ideas,

4 bans in less than 1 year it means either that you're stupid or that you're simply a troll and you only need a several punishment.

Players may also be young or new to TruckersMP and as such still need to learn how to drive with real people. Yes, maybe they should try driving on single player if they are not confident but the game will always be different in TruckersMP as you are not dealing with AI. Those who do troll, will always have the means to get back onto TMP if they want to troll. You can't stop them as they will always be here. Any online platform suffers from them. Banning someone for a year might just actually increase the chances they ban evade as they would wish to rejoin the platform sooner and they have "nothing too lose" as what are TMP going to do? Ban them again?

I would remove the current and unfair thing that if a ban is accepted on calais duisburg/kirkenes road you don't get score

It would be so easy to score farm if this was a thing. Most bans occur on the CD road (or in the major cities that people start at) meaning that if you were a hardcore reporter, your score could be sky high if this was disabled. Then it would cause more work for the report and moderation team as these people would have massive report scores. By preventing it, it means that 

1) If you want a better report score, you need to drive off the CD road, contributing to a more realistic gameplay as people are exploring more of what the map has to offer
2) Reduces the work for the staff team as people would be unable to flood reports with minor infractions
3) Means people's report scores are not inflated just because they got 5 people banned from one CD run.

Whilst your ideas do come off in good faith, and I can see where you are coming from, I do not think they fit TruckersMP. Its an online simulation that is meant to be fun and not punish you severely for stepping slightly out of line. People should be allowed to make mistakes and come back from that. Learning from bans, and progressively becoming a better driver. With VPN's being offered so cheap now, its simple to bypass IP bans and cloud gaming becoming  more reliable to bypass Hardware bans, I don't see these ideas coming to TruckersMP soon, or ever.

Tune in 12pm-2pm (UK TIME) every Sunday for the Lunch Time show!

image.png.1008adaeff763c70a3d51da6a7a32f91.png

status.png

Tune in | Steam | WoT account | loolee.#0

These resources could be better used to address existing issues and bring improvements that match with the goals of our community. Our primary goal is to provide a fun trucking experience for all of our players.

Community Manager, Leon, told me in my suggestion. Which, i don't see these resources being used except, to give Report Staff something to do while they watch the chaos.

I would only keep 1 Simulation Server. Makes no sense having 2 Simulation Servers. When, all it's doing is changing speed limits.

Keep the NCZ for companies. There have been times i'm reversing into the spot and others just drive right through me and block my vision. Additionally, you have those who use the Parking Selection and will just teleport into the spot. NCZ disabled and it's going to be an accident.

Like i've been saying, this is what NEEDS to happen if they want to fix the problems.

1. Stop catering to Arcade Players. Leon has stated, their primary goal is to provide a fun trucking experience for all.
  2. Use the script they have for city speed limits and apply that to the entire map. That's how you enforce a speed limit.
  3. With the exception of those in staff, make car access a Tier-2 Patron. The original purpose of the car was to let admins stand out with the police skin and to be a convoy escort. Instead, it's turned into a hated staple of troll vehicles that can also lane split through traffic in the middle of the road.
  • Like 2
  • True Story 1

19 hours ago, Iuca said:

It would be so easy to score farm if this was a thing. Most bans occur on the CD road (or in the major cities that people start at) meaning that if you were a hardcore reporter, your score could be sky high if this was disabled. Then it would cause more work for the report and moderation team as these people would have massive report scores. By preventing it, it means that

Can you explain what difference it makes for the report system respectively for report moderators, if a player gained a high report score

• by reports made on the C-D road, and
  • by reports made anywhere else on the map?

If a high report score causes "[...] more work for the report moderation team", why would they rate any report as useful ever, knowing that it will cause them more workin the end?

Right now, this rather seems to be an issue of hired team members, who want the title but not the responsibility and work of their position.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

People are naturally more reckless on the CD road, due to many reasons (High ping, lag, choosing to be) meaning it would be easier for someone to rack up moderation score if they were to drive down the CD. It is also monitored by the moderation team normally, meaning that action is most likely already having been taken or will be taken. Whereas, I doubt moderators are sitting in random parts on the map waiting for someone to break rules with no one about. That is probably why you gain moderation points for reports outside of the CD, there is less moderation being watched. For this reason, they want to reward drivers to go off the main road of the map and start to explore a bit more, whilst also covering more of what happens moderation wise outside of the CD, thanks to reporters. You're rewarded for assisting the moderation team by watching areas they can't.

Tune in 12pm-2pm (UK TIME) every Sunday for the Lunch Time show!

image.png.1008adaeff763c70a3d51da6a7a32f91.png

status.png

Tune in | Steam | WoT account | loolee.#0

i completely and strongly disagree with you about the speed limits

- Speed limit blocked at 90Km/h. (This is a simulator game not a racing game). -> trucks can reach absurd speeds in real life too (van herk scania 178kmh) so if you want real simulation remove speed limits, let people decide for themselves how fast they want to drive

- No cars/vehicles other than trucks allowed (we are on a TRUCK simulator, not F1 or GTA...cars or other vehicle don't make sense.) except for Staff/Admins use to block roads during events convoys excc. -> that does not mean you have to limit yourself to trucks, you have to have a little bit of diversity in traffic, and ETS is one of a kind game with a one of a kind map where i'd much rather drive a car between trucks than go play forza or any other "racing" game because driving car does NOT automatically mean you are an idiot who drives like in F1 or GTA, so they do make a very big lot of sense

- Collisions on public roads and in public car parks such as: companies, gas stations, large car parks, etc. (as in reality). -> horrible idea again? what are you going to do in calais? in duisburg? ?????????????

And everything else remains unchanged.

Already with the idea of blocking the limits at 90kmh, the situation changes a lot in my opinion, because given the majority who believe they are on F1 or NFS, they lose the will and desire to play. And so maybe something could change... -> uhhh no? these "racers" will drive exactly the same, maybe worse because they'll be bored and will YOLO, someone will snap and make a speed hack, and things will get worse?

you want to play this kind of ETS you are talking about then gather with your friends and i highly recommend you give the ets2 official multiplayer a try, but don't make this game garbage for others just because you're unhappy with reckless drivers.

or if you want TMP with those rules then here's my idea: somehow make the high command of TMP agree with a complete servers remake:

-remove arcade, it's useless

-Replace simulation servers with 2 servers: 1. Realistic and 2.Simulation

1.Realistic: Removed speed limits, no /fix, and generally just regular ETS2 with no modifications except for the TMP mods such as the scout car, or the bus, or etc, u get my point.

2.Simulation: exactly the server you proposed with a harsher speed rule, NO cars, the speed limit will be decided by the road's speed limit (50kmh for towns, 60kmh for out of towns, 100kmh on highways etc.) and the max speed the truck can have should be 90kmh whenever the speed limit is 90kmh or higher.

just because you can't stand seeing a few crashes and slam the brakes sometimes so you can avoid some crashes doesn't mean this game must be boring for everyone, slow, no traffic diversity(car/bus/truck/etc.)

either accept the already very boring simulation 1 rules or suggest making a whole other server with such rules.. but please, don't ask for simulation 1 to get any worse just because it pleases you more that way.

• Upvote 1

@Iuca

Thanks for your comments. However you didn't answer my question which is

Can you explain what difference it makes for the report system respectively for report moderators, if a player gained a high report score

Also, it would be nice to know if rewards are the only attempt to make the deserted parts of the map attractive to players, or if the team will pull something more interesting out of the hat.

• Upvote 1