New ways to moderate and patrol small roads. A police/patrol system.

SirGagalot

We have mods on the basic roads/C-D's! But what happens on smaller roads like Kirkenes or on the mountain road that connects Innsbruck and Klangenfurt? This is a mess, those are roads I was driving daily. Now the only way to enjoy them are in singleplayer. I have been trying to go with my scout car there and I'm just reporting what is happening, 

Like most of MMO or large servers there are different levels of "enforcement" Right now we have only Admins/Moderators that are not an easy task to become and they have a lot of power. 

So here is my Idea. Let's call it "Police" a system where you have by level of enforcement power Admins, Moderators, Patrols? Another one role that would be more easy to be accepted by TruckersMP and this role will have the power only to send people to Service points, and short kicks (TPR TPRK). At least a way to quickly be able to unblock roads, and get rid of the trolls. More Police cars on the road patrolling small roads too the better everything will be, I hate to see TruckersMP becoming "GTA Online" as someone else said here. 

Yes players reporting other players is a good self working system but when most needed it doesn't work.

download (1).png

download.png

• Like 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

Unfortunately, I disagree with this suggestion. Firstly, if it is easier to get into a TMP role then people could just teleport you “because it’s funny” and abuse the powers they are given more easily. Secondly, smaller quieter roads/areas there is literally no need for additional moderators, it is extremely rare where something happens and if it does, there is literally 2 ways to report that player, which can i also point out, you get awarded more web report limits if you report players in these areas (away from C-D) 

• Like 1

I thought I would contribute my thoughts on this one from a Moderation point of view.

I disagree overall with this suggestion, and feel that this won't help towards the situation that user's often raise concerns about regarding there being lack of activity. There would be no reason to bring additional staff in for just the purpose of being able to transport users to a service station, and/or the ability to kick them. It would make more sense to recruit additional Moderators to help support both via in-game and the website.

There are also a lot of negatives that often outweigh the positives when it comes to seeing more Police cars in-game. For example, users will want to get close to the Police car which is likely that they would violate the rules to do so, e.g overtake inappropriately. Another negative is that users will want screenshots with the Police car, and again, they are likely to violate the rules to ensure they get the screenshot.

Overall, I feel this suggestion will add no value.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Donii. said:

I thought I would contribute my thoughts on this one from a Moderation point of view.

I disagree overall with this suggestion, and feel that this won't help towards the situation that user's often raise concerns about regarding there being lack of activity. There would be no reason to bring additional staff in for just the purpose of being able to transport users to a service station, and/or the ability to kick them. It would make more sense to recruit additional Moderators to help support both via in-game and the website.

There are also a lot of negatives that often outweigh the positives when it comes to seeing more Police cars in-game. For example, users will want to get close to the Police car which is likely that they would violate the rules to do so, e.g overtake inappropriately. Another negative is that users will want screenshots with the Police car, and again, they are likely to violate the rules to ensure they get the screenshot.

Overall, I feel this suggestion will add no value.

Hmmm I see your point. But the problem is there on those roads that are somehow popular there is never no one there to moderate and there is always 100% guarantee problems there. Yesterday there was 3 people trying to jump over 3 roads crushing into other players, others trying to drift and 2 guys with 400hp trucks blocking the road with train cargo. All at the same time. and no one could do anything. some people just left. Its like this every day, in many smaller popular places. At least at rush hours and weekends.
Drop your wisdom boss 😄 

7 hours ago, MartinV90 said:

Unfortunately, I disagree with this suggestion. Firstly, if it is easier to get into a TMP role then people could just teleport you “because it’s funny” and abuse the powers they are given more easily. Secondly, smaller quieter roads/areas there is literally no need for additional moderators, it is extremely rare where something happens and if it does, there is literally 2 ways to report that player, which can i also point out, you get awarded more web report limits if you report players in these areas (away from C-D) 

You're absolute right. I don't say hire people like there is no tomorrow. Again you need to be a trusted person and be in the community and all, go through trials and all. But yeah Its just on thought of many on this subject, this problem. Away to get rid fast of the trolls. You get in the game waste one hour traveling to end up in a road blocked by trolls and get rammed by Forza players.

6 hours ago, SirGagalot said:

Hmmm I see your point. But the problem is there on those roads that are somehow popular there is never no one there to moderate and there is always 100% guarantee problems there. Yesterday there was 3 people trying to jump over 3 roads crushing into other players, others trying to drift and 2 guys with 400hp trucks blocking the road with train cargo. All at the same time. and no one could do anything. some people just left. Its like this every day, in many smaller popular places. At least at rush hours and weekends.
Drop your wisdom boss 😄 

I totally understand yours and other user's frustrations when it comes to your gameplay being impacted, it is a nuisance and as a team, we are all doing what we can to support you all and keep your gameplay free from rule violations however this is not always possible and is the same across any MMO. 

The biggest thing we have to appreciate is, we're all volunteers, we all (well most) have social lives and other commitments outside of TruckersMP that would unfortunately have to take precedent. Due to this, it does restrict the ability to be active full time rather than part time.

The suggestion I have for you on the backend of this, is to ensure you are submitting the web reports (if the game report isn't dealt with) against those violating the rules and we deal with it that way instead. Another suggestion is to really take your time with the recruitment process to ensure you are able to produce a quality application to assist you getting into the team, to help the rest of the GM team 🙂.

• Like 1

Did you know that if you don't follow the format, new suggestions won't be considered? It's stated in the orange banner (at the top if you're colorblind) before you make your suggestion.

Kirkness Quarry Road became popular after idiots of the road started featuring that road. As for the Austria road, Toast made a video on it.

As for the suggestion, i don't agree with it.

1. It would require 3 new roles. "Patrol Manager", "Patrol", & "Trial Patrol". Manager oversees the other 2. Patrol does the patrolling. Trial is what they are given, to ensure they don't abuse their role.
  2. It would take too much time to prepare the application and find all the slots they need to fill those roles.
  3. If people see the patrols with a police car, they could think they are hacking/impersonating.
  4. It's better to just make a web report when you catch an offender.

On 8/13/2023 at 12:03 AM, SirGagalot said:

So here is my Idea. Let's call it "Police" a system where you have by level of enforcement power Admins, Moderators, Patrols? Another one role that would be more easy to be accepted by TruckersMP and this role will have the power only to send people to Service points, and short kicks (TPR TPRK). At least a way to quickly be able to unblock roads, and get rid of the trolls. More Police cars on the road patrolling small roads too the better everything will be, I hate to see TruckersMP becoming "GTA Online" as someone else said here. 

This has been suggested before in the past, was always rejected and won't be accepted.

No user who isn't part of the corresponding TruckersMP department will ever get game moderator rights or permissions. Period.

Apply through the official channels if you want to become a part of the team.

And for the record, TruckersMP has become a Destruction Derby a long time ago. It's what the majority wants and it's what the TruckersMP team provides.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • True Story 2

6 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

This has been suggested before in the past, was always rejected and won't be accepted.

No user who isn't part of the corresponding TruckersMP department will ever get game moderator rights or permissions. Period.

Apply through the official channels if you want to become a part of the team.

And for the record, TruckersMP has become a Destruction Derby a long time ago. It's what the majority wants and it's what the TruckersMP team provides.

Then it needs more jumping ramps

• Haha 1

On paper, this idea seems like it would work. Allowing people to drive about to patrol roads. However, there is a couple issues with this idea:

1) The time and resources
The time and resources it would take TruckersMP to setup a whole new role and create perms, tag colour, moderation panel ect is too great for the reward they would be earning. Then you also have to get these people in police cars (that would have to be different to the moderator police car) on these roads whenever they are busy.

2) The moderation team already does a great job at what they do
Even if these roads are not being watched 24/7 by moderators, the TMP moderation team are great at their job. The issue isn't there isn't enough of them or they are only watching the CD road, it's there is too much trouble on other roads, meaning their focus needs to be on that. The mountain road is probably a second to the CD, but the amount of people on the mountain road is nothing when you look at how busy the CD really is. Also, more experienced drivers mostly are on that road meaning the amount of moderation work that would actually have to go into it is less.

3) The same issues would still occur
You can't prevent someone crashing into you by kicking them beforehand, as before that they didn't do anything. You're still going to have blockers, trollers and exploiters even if the police team where added. Adding more positions of power doesn't remove the amount of reckless behaviour on the roads, it just increases the chances of being punished for breaking TruckersMP rules. It's sort of like adding more lanes to a motorway, it doesn't reduce the amount of traffic, it increases it.

Tune in 12pm-2pm (UK TIME) every Sunday for the Lunch Time show!

image.png.1008adaeff763c70a3d51da6a7a32f91.png

status.png

Tune in | Steam | WoT account | loolee.#0

i like this idea, but not the detail....
It's a simulation server, I think admins should treat it like a court system, pull them over for doing something wrong, like a real simulation server would RP, i remember SA:MP servers being like that

BUT

How that would work needs to be discussed

I'll start:
What if they don't stop?
When you appeal a courts decision, someone higher has to review that... Or there will always be Bias (but don't get me started)

But it would be fun role play

I don't think admin commands are needed though, leave that to the HIGH COURT 🙂

A police force would have to be separate to moderation

I hope that makes sense

FYI: I use to be the Chief of Police in Valhalla Gaming
Darius Fontaine