What would you do if you were maliciously prevented from overtaking while driving?

Hello.

First of all thank you for taking the time to ask this question. 

Usually I never overtake if I'm not on the highway or if I'm not in safe conditions and not to create danger for me and for other players. 

I only use overtaking in extreme moments (for example if a player is stationary or has an engine failure). 

I like to be behind other players without overtaking. 

I don't like to wage war for overtaking accelerating at full speed or create danger of an accident. 

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

Hello there,

First of all, thanks for sharing this interesting topic. 

Personally, I'm not a fan of overtaking. 
But I disagree with you about forcing overtaking. 
The reason is that if you are driving on a road with only 1 lane in the forward direction (like a CD road for example), trolling users and others may abuse this rule (prohibiting overtaking) and cause traffic jams, etc. 

Kind Regards, 

Werzey*

Languages: EN / KRNJAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png  

• 2 weeks later...

I would act as I have already done. First of all I would honk at him, if that doesn't work I'll fake to overtake and then overtake from the right (I know it's not allowed but if he's lazy at 30 I can't help it), though that doesn't help him either report on the ingame function and ask other players for help to ram it away. Eventually it worked and he was banned for a few weeks.

When I encounter this situation, I will honk my horn to remind him that I am going to overtake, and if he ignores it, then I will slow down and wait behind him and wait for the section of the road where the lane is wider and safe to try to overtake again.

语言:中文 / 英文 |Discord:大鹏

TruckersMP 个人资料 |我的VTC |Steam 配置文件

见到你很高兴!

spacer.png  spacer.png

What would you do if you were maliciously prevented from overtaking while driving?

I'd report the player for violation game rule §2.3 - Blocking* and §2.5 - Reckless Driving*.

§2.3 - Blocking*

Restricting a user's travel path, blocking entrances to highways or other entry points or anything similar. Failure to use the service feature (F7+Enter) when needed might result in a punishment.

(Source: https://truckersmp.com/rules#2-game-only-rules)

§2.5 - Reckless Driving*

Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe and that puts other players in danger. This includes but is not limited to: driving backwards, ignoring traffic lights or road signage, speeding, speeding up to prevent overtakes, racing other users (except in Tucson, Phoenix, and Södertälje (ProMods) racetracks). Driving outside of the map boundaries or in areas that are not covered by the mini map/GPS. Hidden roads which are intentionally part of the map are not included. You can use these roads. In ProMods, you can drive on unlocked roads or paths. Attempting to use desync lag or quick saves in order to cause damage to another user's vehicle. Using the ghost mode feature to go through traffic jams.

(Source: https://truckersmp.com/rules#2-game-only-rules)

• Upvote 1

If it was safe to overtake and someone prevented your overtake by speeding up, the best thing you would do is put on your hazard lights and slow down to get to your previous spot. Otherwise, you would cause an accident, so that would not be good for you either. This is why the best thing to do is to slow down safely and try to get back to your previous spot. Make sure to get the clip of that part so you can report that player under §2.5 - Reckless Driving.

Adding on, keep calm. In case it was safe to overtake and they did this, you would not be in trouble with your evidence unless you violated rules. This is another reason why using a clipping/recording software is helpful. 🙂

Below is a part of rule 2.5, from https://truckersmp.com/rules. I hope this helps you.

Sincerely,
Kaan

Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe and that puts other players in danger. This includes but is not limited to: driving backwards, ignoring traffic lights or road signage, speeding, speeding up to prevent overtakes, racing other
users (except in Tucson, Phoenix, and Södertälje (ProMods) racetracks).

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Community Moderator + Support