Reworking the definition of a veteran

Currently, what defines a veteran is how many years your account has. You could register an account and not do a single thing and accumulate 20 years.

What i'm suggesting is to redefine what makes a veteran. With these factors

1. Being knowledgeable about the game you play.
  2. Dedicating time to doing jobs and completing them. Not just freeroaming.
  3. Making quality posts.

Remove the veteran banners and replace it with this data

• Your account's age in years, months, days.
  • Your total time spent connected to the server. (From logged in to kicked/quit).
  • Jobs Completed Within The Last 30 Days. (logged on server).
  • Distance Driven Within Last 30 Days. (While on server).

Instead of showing Veteran I, Veteran X, Veteran VII, why not have it show "Active Veteran" (Plays on the server and is active in the community). And "Inactive Veteran" (Plays on server but isn't active in the community. Or, doesn't play on the server but is active in the community. Or, neither).

What are your thoughts on this? Is there something you would change?

• Upvote 2

Thank you for sharing your suggestion regarding the definition of a veteran in TruckersMP. While I appreciate your perspective, I believe it is not necessary to implement the changes you proposed. As a player, I understand that you want to see a more accurate representation of a veteran player.

However, the current criteria for determining veterans based on account age has been established for a reason, likely to recognize the longevity of players' commitment to the game. While it is true that someone could accumulate years on their account without actively participating, it is also possible for players to contribute significantly during that time.

Your suggestion to redefine veterans based on factors such as game knowledge, time spent doing jobs, and making quality posts has its merits. However, implementing and tracking these factors accurately can be quite challenging for the developers. Additionally, it might be subjective to determine the criteria for "knowledgeable" or "quality posts," which could lead to potential conflicts.

As for the replacement of veteran banners, your idea to display specific data like account age, total time connected to the server, jobs completed within the last 30 days, and distance driven within the last 30 days is interesting. It would provide more information about a player's recent activity and engagement. However, it would also require significant changes to the current system, including the development of new features and interfaces.

Ultimately, as a player, your perspective is valuable, but decisions like these are best left to the developers who have a comprehensive understanding of the game and its community. They consider various factors when making such changes, including technical feasibility, impact on gameplay, and the overall player experience. It's always possible that they may consider your suggestion or come up with alternative solutions that address similar concerns.

• Upvote 2

@Leithiαn What i mean by "Knowledgeable" can be determined by a quiz and/or trivia. While yes, there are many factors to determine who can pass the given question and who fails it, that would still be up to staff to decide how they want to lay it out. And then, would need somebody (who can't partake) to have a list of acceptable answers and to tally up the results. And that score would determine eligibility to veteran status. And yes, knowledge can be forgotten. But, if you make it common practice through your gameplay, you shouldn't have to worry about forgetting something you do every session.

It's just a brainstorm anyways. Staff probably has a section to discuss these and i wouldn't be surprised if they like it. But don't want to change it because they want account age to be the defining factor of the community.

• 7 months later...

Hey,

In order to get the veteran achievement on your profile, you have to connect to a game server.

This means that inactive accounts will not get the award, only when you connect to and therefore play TruckersMP will you get the award.

TruckersMP has too many players for us to manually assign veteran achievements, therefore we believe this system works well enough to block inactive accounts from getting the awards.