Head lamps

1 hour ago, [G-T-R]GrayWolf said:

Nothing wrong with regular headlights but people act like crazy and they're putting extra lights on grill and roof that's why.

They're driving with them on all the time even day time maybe their age big but they're acting like a child brain.

As far as I know, the only truck you can have any extra lights on without mods is the Volvo VNL and it's only up to 6 spot lamps on the roof bar.

Though, I have seen people with them on different trucks, those are save edited or modded and may not work properly as intended and be missaligned, so that's may be what OP is experiencing, but before they can confirm or deny this possibility, let's not jump to conclusion and act rude.

10 hours ago, Granite said:

As far as I know, the only truck you can have any extra lights on without mods is the Volvo VNL and it's only up to 6 spot lamps on the roof bar.

Though, I have seen people with them on different trucks, those are save edited or modded and may not work properly as intended and be missaligned, so that's may be what OP is experiencing, but before they can confirm or deny this possibility, let's not jump to conclusion and act rude.

If you think something I wrote wrong go ahead report it.

15 hours ago, [G-T-R]GrayWolf said:

Nothing wrong with regular headlights but people act like crazy and they're putting extra lights on grill and roof that's why.

They're driving with them on all the time even day time maybe their age big but they're acting like a child brain.

To turn on lights during the day increases road safety.

Better be seen one time too often than one time too less.

I stopped caring about extra lights. The only ones I use, in ETS2, come with a sun visor (named Ranger, maybe?) and only because it makes it easier to be seen when I use the "light horn" for whatever reasons. In ATS, I don't use any at all. Didn't even know that they are an option. Probably it's what Granite said, save-editing, which can work fine... Or not.

Problem is not using lights or even high beams during the day time, I always drive with the headlights on. It's those people who believe that their truck looks cool when it's set like a frelling Christmas tree and will drive with high beams on, everywhere and all of the time. At night and in certain conditions, it can be pretty annoying when you find one coming in front of you. One of the moments I use the light horn, as a way to say: "Hey, you m****, kill your high beams!". But it's useless, most of the time. The only people I've seen actually do it (including myself XD) are usually players with "normal" trucks.

1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:

Just dipped beams 24/7, not cluster of flood lights. High beams, also called driving lights (stock or aftermarket) can only be used when there's nobody in front of you, and certainly not in daylight.

4 hours ago, [G-T-R]GrayWolf said:

If you think something I wrote wrong go ahead report it.

No, I don't, you see that a lot in ETS2, but this is ATS topic where it's an uncommon thing because the option for extra lights isn't easily accessible.

That's why I was wondering what the actual problem is.

Anyway, I made a suggestion some time ago:

1 minute ago, Granite said:

Just dipped beams 24/7, not cluster of flood lights. High beams, also called driving lights (stock or aftermarket) can only be used when there's nobody in front of you, and certainly not in daylight.

That's what I was referring to.

Driving with high beams is not permitted on roads with continous and sufficient lighting and must be dimmed in the event of oncoming traffic.

Basically, the safety of other road participants on or off the road must not be jeopardized.

23 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

I know I'm living in Canada and DRL is mandatory for the traffic.

I was trying the write nothing wrong with regular headlights or DRL but when they add the Grill bar and Roof bar on truck's and put it more lights and drive with them all time on night or day. 

Archived