What is Ghost Mode?

MagnusA

Question

Whenever  I log into a server I'm in "Ghost Mode" for about 10 seconds. I understand that it is some kind of safety during synchronizing my client to the server but what is it?

- Am I protected against collisions if I happen to spawn on the road? Are other players protected while I am in Ghost Mode? What about if I spawn inside another truck parked in the very same parking lot? Should I quickly pull away to avoid accidents these first seconds?

- Am I invisible or visible  to other players during Ghost Mode? Do I see other players when I am in Ghost Mode?

I usually try to be in a non-collision area, such as Repair Shop, or the road shoulder when exiting the server but sometimes I get auto-kicked while on the road (looking at the map for too long etc).

- Other good-to-know (non-abusive) aspects of the Ghost Mode from a player's perspective? 

9 answers to this question

Hello, I would like to help you by explaining briefly and clearly.

Ghost Mode is a very important feature that should really be, so what does it do;

- Only when you connect to the server or load a game, you wait a certain time for the game to come and establish a full connection with the server. This is a feature made to prevent any accidents and unfortunate events that may occur during this time. Please do not operate before the ghost mode text goes out and this may cause some errors. It might be some kind of bug, stay where you are, let the back or front player go, this way you will establish a secure connection without any problems.Also, yes, other players can understand that you are in ghost mode. There is a symbol on you, which indicates that you are in ghost mode. You can see them as soon as the full connection with the server is established.

Don't forget to reply if I was able to help you, thank you.

Kind Regards 

Shadel

TruckersMP Veteran Driver I 

2025704570_role_Add-OnTeam2.jpg   

Youtube | Steam | TruckersMP 

Discord = Shadel#0001

Ghost Mode temporarily disables collision to prevent issues related to players spawning on the road. 

1. If you happen to be on the road when spawning, other players will simply pass through. Additionally, the non collision zone icon will appear above your tag in other player's POV, so they know that they can safely pass through.

2. If you're inside of another player when ghost mode wears off, other players' truck will start flashing to show you that you're intersecting with someone. Once both players are separated, the collision is reinstated in relation to that player. In the mean time, you'll collide with other players that aren't flashing. Basically, the same thing happens when you're intersecting someone when driving out of non collision zone. Be aware that physics may behave strangely under certain conditions when the collision is reinstated.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

Hey,

Ghost Mode is a feature on TruckersMP that prevents accidents when spawning in to areas that are not NCZ (Which we've had in the past before the existence of Ghost Mode. Upon someone spawning in on the middle of the road, if you were unlucky enough you would be caught in the middle of their truck, or you would slam into the back of their trailer). It will be enabled for 10 seconds, more than enough time for other players to be notified of your presence, and more than enough time for you to start your truck and move out of the way.

If you spawn inside of another truck in a parking lot that doesn't have NCZ enabled, you should quickly pull away to avoid a collision. 

You are visible to other players when you have Ghost Mode enabled, you can see other players when you have it enabled, and both of you will be protected against collisions if either of you have it enabled. It works vice versa.

Thank you for the answers! They confirm much of my thoughts of a protection for new spawns and the the nearby traffic. The player entering the server cannot be expected to know what traffic is at and around the spawn point. 

Slightly contradicting though. One say "Please do not operate before the ghost mode text goes out" and another say " enabled for 10 seconds, [...] more than enough time for you to start your truck and move out of the way.". is it safe or unsafe to move during Ghost Mode?

2 hours ago, MagnusA [SWE] said:

Slightly contradicting though. One say "Please do not operate before the ghost mode text goes out" and another say " enabled for 10 seconds, [...] more than enough time for you to start your truck and move out of the way.". is it safe or unsafe to move during Ghost Mode?

It is safe to move when Ghost Mode is enabled, just make sure that other players trucks are not flashing right after Ghost Mode is disabled (this also happens after just leaving a non-collision zone, and it means that a collision is imminent if no evasive measures are taken).

• Thanks 1