Launcher update blocked

reaver_

Question

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the launcher, it's trying to download the core_ets2mp.dll but my antivirus detected it as an infected page.

image.png.6a94eff5a4ad87a62e7f6b8223150171.png

I got this error for the first time. For an extra check i used virustotal with the same URL and it's detected as malicious.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/e8bc0ddbfedb6c75321759d0cc15258336235be84fb4e2257f89a87a0ed5b20f?nocache=1

Can you fix this?

7 answers to this question

Guest - Pink Ribbon -

Hi Reaver, quite a few virus "protection" programs will flag the file as malicious. I can guarantee this is a "false positive" and you should add this as an exception on your virus protection program so it shouldn't keep flagging it up everytime.

I know it's not normal to do it but there's really only that option or the other is to not trust TMP and not play at all which I'm sure you do want to play at the end of the day ?

Hope this helps!

Hello @reaver_

Has your problem been resolved with the answer given above? 

The confirmation of the status of your problem always helps us keep our forum organized! 

I await your response. 

Kind Regards,

SarahMaddy 

TruckersMP Support

SammyCat TruckersMP Retired Team Member

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.
Languages: Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg (primarily) | English gb.gif 

Report a player | Appeal a Ban | Feedback System | Forum & Ingame Rules | Supported MODs | MP Launcher Error Solutions

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

Hello,

The issue is not actually on our side. The issue is a false positive from Bitdefender and we can do nothing with it. You may contact Bitdefender and ask them how they mark this as a virus. At the moment, there's no other way to solve this issue other than that.

Regards, 

djmtrlltc

TruckersMP Support + Translator & DBus Translator

Hello,

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM me or our support team members, we will open this again.

Kind Regards,

JJay

TruckersMP Support

// Locked and Moved to Inactive

Nie ma magicznych skrótów do rozwiązania Twoich problemów.

Ban appeal | Complaints / Feedback | TruckersMP Rules | Join the Team |