Ban appealing and in game Admins judgment.

HaTak

Hello,

Because we have not yet come across a man so rare... I didn't commented on the forum but now it looks like one of the in game admins exceeded the limit.
Why when someone appeals to admin judgment of a case the same one answer? Where is fairness?!!?!?  Don't want to give his name (he knows who is) ... I think he got his admin rights oncigarettes bought... frankly ... with that thinking I do not know how the hell you cross the street and not be hit by a car ( of couse his fault) . Please for the sake of community change the rule on Ban Appeal for another admin to judge the decision of his colleague. Thanks

76561198113625847.png

best way too protect yourself is record everything happening.

incase you have a nvidia gfx card shadow play is excelent for this ;)

its hard for us too judge without knowing what happend..

the reason the same admin only can deal with your ban apeal  is cause of this.i guess with footage you can demand the superior of the admin to be involved.

I totally agree with you. Punishments are depending on admin who deals with report. They judge with their personal opinions not with rules. I am tired to see an admin replies reports " In my opinion it was like bla bla", "I don't think it was bla bla" etc.

Check this topic to see how admins think different about same action: http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/10171-do-you-think-punishments-are-fair/#entry72395

If you are the one who got punishment and if you think admin's decision was not correct you can use ban appealing section but same admin deals with your appeal. Well done staff team, it is really fair! You don't need to create a jury to investigate appeals. You can keep banning people this way, with your opinions. Don't care about what we say here, we are just worthless players for you. You can satisfy your ego on us. I think this is what a player means for most of you!

Don't forget that we HAVE to have proof for every ban we do. If we can't provide some kind of evidence, we can't actually ban someone, and we can't reject a ban appeal. This is being checked internally as well. We also ask each other about what other people think about our decisions, so that we can keep the punishments and decisions similar for similar situations all the time. You just don't see it because have private in game and skype chats for that. The reason we answer to our own ban appeals is because we can't edit each other bans due to security reasons, we can only edit our own.

I totally agree with you. Punishments are depending on admin who deals with report. They judge with their personal opinions not with rules. I am tired to see an admin replies reports " In my opinion it was like bla bla", "I don't think it was bla bla" etc.

Check this topic to see how admins think different about same action: http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/10171-do-you-think-punishments-are-fair/#entry72395

If you are the one who got punishment and if you think admin's decision was not correct you can use ban appealing section but same admin deals with your appeal. Well done staff team, it is really fair! You don't need to create a jury to investigate appeals. You can keep banning people this way, with your opinions. Don't care about what we say here, we are just worthless players for you. You can satisfy your ego on us. I think this is what a player means for most of you!

Now, why not create a jury for every case? Because in most cases it would not change anything, it would only take us a lot of time to organize and increase the response time. This makes it a lot of work for us, with very little gain.

We also appriciate the players and we know that the players are the reason why the mod has come this far, however, it could not have come this far without a decent team to develop and manage it. Both groups have a lot to say for the mods success.

Now, if you want to come with rational arguments and discuss our actions with examples instead of throwing a giant "statisfy your ego" and "worthless players" in our faces with no examples or evidence what so ever, feel free to contact me about it.

In addition, if you want to complain about an appeal you can contact I<3Vodka, as he has the responsibility for ban appeals as the project manager.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

Don't forget that we HAVE to have proof for every ban we do. If we can't provide some kind of evidence, we can't actually ban someone, and we can't reject a ban appeal. This is being checked internally as well. We also ask each other about what other people think about our decisions, so that we can keep the punishments and decisions similar for similar situations all the time. You just don't see it because have private in game and skype chats for that. The reason we answer to our own ban appeals is because we can't edit each other bans due to security reasons, we can only edit our own.

Now, why not create a jury for every case? Because in most cases it would not change anything, it would only take us a lot of time to organize and increase the response time. This makes it a lot of work for us, with very little gain.

We also appriciate the players and we know that the players are the reason why the mod has come this far, however, it could not have come this far without a decent team to develop and manage it. Both groups have a lot to say for the mods success.

Now, if you want to come with rational arguments and discuss our actions with examples instead of throwing a giant "statisfy your ego" and "worthless players" in our faces with no examples or evidence what so ever, feel free to contact me about it.

A lot of admins are doing a good work here. I must admit it. Sadly, I am not the only one who says admins don't care about players's opinions. In addition, you can find a lot of examples if you check how some admins reply to players' posts. I don't say all admins do it. I won't give names here, I will contact you directly via PM.

From what I saw (in staff's discussions), in most cases admins discuss the punishments -  yes you see the admin who banned you ingame posting, because he has the proof and has to post in anyway

Why did you wait till today to give me this information :P Thank you firestarter :)  If it works like you said, I am OK with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived