Possible new Chassis design

[VIVΛ HH] KЯΛVΛTIΞ

i was on the motorway yesterday and i saw this truck with an unusual chassis design.

I think it was 2x4x2 (or how ever the hell you say it) got how ever you put it, but the back wheel is tag lift

Pictures

14884644315_86d7da42cc_b.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Scania%20R440%20Highline_Stobart%20Renew

Has anyone else seen this new chassis over the couple of months or am i just being a noob and only just seeing them?

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

I've seen it in old mods on the game but could never find any real truck pictures on the web of it. Nice pics. If it works like I think it does in my mind and in the mod, that lift axle steers also, so in theory, should offer a much tighter turning radius.

I've only started seeing them yesterday but i think it was on a Renault? not sure 

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

mercedes-benz-actros-4-2551-ls,d9c82183.
Found this earlier today. Website - http://www.mascus.com/transportation/used-tractor-units/mercedes-benz-actros-4-2551-ls-6x2-3250/images/glgg7o9m.html
Looks like maybe a swedish site? hopefully this helps your research. btw they call it a 6x2 on the website, not sure if it is correct though.

In Finland they were more common in late 90's early 2000's, quite rare sight nowadays.

Would you happen to know what the purpose of that chassis is?

Actually with knowing the specs of the truck in question, it could be either a 6x2 (1 powered axle) or a 6x4 (2 powered axles).

Most trucks have the 6x2 option as it far more economical. It's mainly used to distribute the weight over more axles. A seconds powered axle improves the amount of torque to gets put on the road , but it also requires a second torque converter meaning you need more horsepower to move the same weight. The general rule is very simple, the more wheels are touching the ground (drag), the more fuel you are going to use. That is why there are also trailers that can lift their axles..

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

• 2 months later...
  • Matt locked this topic

Archived