How does the in-game report tool work?

Dubbeledraaideur [NL]

Question

Since yesterday I was beginning to wonder, how does the in-game report tool work?
I've searched for information via the search tool, but could not find relevant topics.

So the player presses tab.
Selects the driver that needs to be reported.
Press report.
Click on the offence.
And press submit.

But what happens then? 
Is the report tool giving a small video to the admin, clicking on the report, showing what happened?
Is it only a live tool, like if the admin clicks on it, he goes to the location:

If he is in time, he sees what's going on.

If he is too late, nothing is happening anymore?

Maybe explaining the difference on the forum, might help people use the website report tool more, to get trolls of the road?

6 answers to this question

Hey there! I'll answer your questions one by one:

1. No, it doesn't send a video, but instead teleports the Game Moderator(GM) to the location the report was made and shows a little demo on what happened around the moment the report got sent.

2. No, it isn't a live tool. The GMs get a demo of the moment the report was sent as mentioned above, but they can also see what's happening live.

3. If the GM gets to the report in time it hopefully will be handled with it and sees what the demo is showing.

4. Reports made via the game have a certain time of expiration, so if no one claims the report before it expires, the GM won't see it and you'll need to make a web report with evidence of what happened.

I hope this answered your questions :)

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

Hello @Dubbeledraaideur [NL],

I can see why you are concerned with such questions. Hopefully I can provide you with some information regarding this which will answer your question. So, when you report someone in game through the tab menu like you have mentioned you will notice that it warns you that your past 2 minutes in game will be recorded and this is what is used to review the situation. Then a decision is made. I would say that many game moderators do often stream their content and you can often find them on Twitch and other platforms and you can see in-game how this is done. 

I hope this helps you understand and I would suggest that you also use a recording software to record incidents. I use Medal.tv personally which allows you to record previous things in game by clicking a hot key - meaning you can report people on the website.

Here are some articles which might help you out: 

https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/788

https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/791

https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/8

Kind regards,

Owen. :D

• Thanks 1

Hello Dubbeledraaideur!

When you create a report a 2-minute demonstration is saved that can be viewed by the game moderator who claims the report, as is said in this development update:

It is as if the events that happened earlier played in front of the game moderator live.

I hope this answers your question!

Regards,

DerAmpelmann

TruckersMP Game Moderator

Ready to go!

Hello there,

Did you get the answer you were looking for with the answers given above?
Your confirmation of the status of your issue/question helps us keep the forum always organized!

Kind Regards,

Krisi.

TruckersMP - Support & Add-On Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🇬🇧 Rules Support Feedback | Guides Ban Appeal 🇬🇧

🇭🇺 Szabályzat Támogatás | Visszajelzés | Tudásbázis Fellebbezés 🇭🇺

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TruckersMP

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d

Hello there,

I am glad to hear that your questions have been answered :) 
If you require more help in the future, please do not hesitate to create another topic or contact us via the support system on the website in a support ticket.

Have a great day!  

Warm Regards,
Stubborn__
TruckersMP - Support

//Locked & Moved to Solved Topics.