(HELP)ETS2 MP(Unsupported game version detected! To play you need to have ETS2 1.12.1s(Steam Release)

MercedesBenz

Question

HI.

i bought the Retail boxed version of Euro Truck Simulator 2 GOLD and i typed the Activation key into steam and it started downloading ETS2.

After i went on the ETS2MP Website to download the mutiplayer mod and it asked me to sign in to my steam account which i did and found ETS2 in my game library and gave me the Link to start downloading ETS2MP.

Installing ETSMP was sucessful but when starting MP i pick the server then this message popped up.

Unsupported game version detected! To play ETSMP you need to have ETS2 1.12.1s(Steam Release)!

I heard people that has the retail copy could access mutiplayer after downloading it via steam.

The Version i'm currently on is 1.14 and i have disabled every mod.

17 answers to this question

Go into your steam library, right click on ETS2.

Click Properties, go to Betas.

Select temporary_1_12_01 - 1.12.1 from the list and close.

Allow it to update and retry.

Thank-you.

after selecting temporary_1_12_01........................

when i click the play button a box shows up with update on the left and i think continue without update on the left.

Do i click update?

If you have still troubles we are happy to help you out

Thanks,Got it to work partially.

Haven't met any other truckers yet since i keep getting kicked from the game from some High ping thing.

I Ping the Euro Server and got this.

Reply from 37.187.159.99: bytes=32 time=371ms TTL=54

Reply from 37.187.159.99: bytes=32 time=378ms TTL=54

Reply from 37.187.159.99: bytes=32 time=370ms TTL=54

Reply from 37.187.159.99: bytes=32 time=366ms TTL=54

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 366ms, Maximum= 378ms, Average = 371ms

Basically when the ping exceeds the maximum allowed ping in-game it will kick you. When you see "Offline" in the top right it means you're not connected to the MP server and the "Steam Offline" means your steam is closed or is offline.

Thank-you for answering.

I'm New To Euro Truck.

When i pinged the server it comes back as 378ms as the max which is under the 600ms it said.

There's only 175 players playing right now.

It might just be a random thing, my ping at one moment could be 30 and the next 300 it completely depends on the connection to the server. Try one of the other servers?

Is this like a Common problem?

There's now 209 players of the Euro server and there's 0 players on the United states server.

It depends on the time. Usually the EU server fills up when it is the afternoon in Europe, the US server has always had less people as it was the second server that was added, it also might be because of how the client launcher is done, people open ets2mp.exe and just press DRIVE and not use the dropdown.