Problem with CB Radio

Barnaba123

Question

Hello! I have 2 problems with CB on servers. First, is too quiet(I change in multi-setups in sounds for maximum, but it's not enought), for sure I can make quieter sounds in game setups, and then turn up on the speakers more, but need to remember if I got music and TS as well then it make some "volume" problems with rest programs. Second problem is to find my headphones. I open line in "speaker device" choose from Default to my Logitech G933 and save like "apply", then "ok", and it change sound but not correctly. I hear all sound(like truck, music, money, etc.) on main speakers opposite my computer, but when someone say something on CB, then is completly quite on speaker(I see signal on left up side who talking) but on my headphones is nothing - completly quite. When I back to Default setups with spekers device, then I can hear again CB on main speakers. I don't know where could be problem? Because if I change in TeamSpeak, Disscord, etc programs to headphones everything working, only multiplayer got problem with send sound directly to headphones - any idea how to fix it ? Headphones are set loudest if they can be - it's problem with sound send from game.

6 answers to this question

Hello :) 

There are few things you may need to check:

1. Check your default microphone - it shouldn't be set to stereo mix or similar

2. Check if your headset has the mic mute switch somewhere. If you find it, set it into opposite state - you might've muted the mic by accident.

3. Check the volume of the default microphone - if it's very low(close to 0%), raise it up.

4. Check if you have plugged in the microphone into microphone connector(may not be applicable for USB headsets).

Also make sure that CB radio is actually turned on in-game.

If everything listed is checked and fixed(if applicable) there's settings in-game to change the volume of CB transmit and receive. 

In the settings(cog icon) select "sound" tab and you'll find voice and mic volume sliders. First one sets the CB receive volume, the second one sets the CB transmit volume.

Open your panel with the TAB key multiplayer > Voice > Voice volume setting pull to the right.

Open the game. Return to the desktop.at the time sound level in the audio mixer from the speaker icon, right click on TruckersMP.

You can read this guide:

Dear Kien,

Regards your fix idea, I think you didn't read my messages correctly. I got problem with HEAR other drivers, not say.

1. Yes it's set like default for sure.

2. It's not problem with microphone with say, it problem with hear rest of drivers

3. I got maximum 100% volume, during play ETS I got turn on as well TS with my friend and I haven't got problem to hear their.

4. Again - not a problem with microphoone(but my set is integrated with headphones).

Yes CB is turn on, when I use only main speakers - no problem with hear, when send voice to headphotos, I can't hear nothing.

I checked that two topic which you send and I got exacly the same setup like in "CB radio not reciving sound?".

Best Regards

Bartek

Hello :) 

It looks like that you have problem with your sound driver or sound card...  Try to reinstall sound driver (realtek....)

Also try this:

Start TruckersMP, then press the cog button in the player list, or press the cog icon in upper left corner on the login screen, select the "Sound" tab, then check the "Speaker device" - change it to "Default", then press "Apply". After that, press the "Start test" on the same tab. You should hear yourself as you speak during the test.

Also try this solution:

1. Right click the volume icon on your taskbar: http://prntscr.com/lr5rjc

2. Click sounds and then go to the playback tab http://prntscr.com/lr5qoj

3. Right click speakers / the green ticked device and select properties: http://prntscr.com/lr5qfq

4. Go to the advanced tab. Then ensure the following settings in the image are set. Afterwards, press restore defaults. http://prntscr.com/lr5q12

5. Restart TruckersMP.

6. If this fails to work: a reinstall of your audio drivers would also eliminate another possible solution.

Hello there,

As this topic has not received a reply in over three days, we will have to move it to Inactive Topics.

If you wish to enquire further, feel free to send a private message to myself or any other Support Team member who will be able to open your Topic for further replies.

Kind Regards,
Jamie R
TruckersMP Support Team.

//Locked and moved to Inactive Topics.