Simulation Server Red lights

ANDYS2790

Question

Hi  I have been in Simulator 1 mode for 3 hours and the amout of Truckers who have passed over a red light when the other section of the lights  are  green is getting annoying I can undstand if its only yourself at an insection but when you have traffic coming from the other way involving in an side collision is getting tiredsome.   is there a rule like if you skip a red light the system will hold you at the road  desired speed for 24 as  a punishment or move them to the arcade server for a certain amout of days

6 answers to this question

There's a rule about reckless driving. Running red lights is allowed only when no other players are affected, if I run a red light and hit a player that was coming from one side with a green light, I can be reported and most likely banned. Ideally, this should never happen in a Simulation server, but there are lots of Arcade players using the Simulation server. Because it's the one with 4200 slots and also because the arcade servers are no-collisions and apparently, some people wants to go fast but also have the chance to crash into others, so since in Arcade servers they can't collide, they use Simulation 1. These people are so used to drive like maniacs in the late EU#2 that now keep doing the same thing, only they can't go as fast as before. My advice: Even if you see a green light, check all sides of the incoming crossing, to make sure that it's safe to go. If you see someone approaching fast, slow down and wait to see if that other players stops or runs the red light. It's always better to wait, even when it's the other guy who should wait, than to cause an accident that you could have avoided.

• Thanks 1

Hello @Andy2790

There is a rule:

"§2 - Game only rules

Rules marked with an Asterisk (*) do not apply on Arcade servers with 'Arc' or 'Arcade' in their title. Traffic laws and road signage must be obeyed. This means European road laws and signage must be followed in ETS2 and American road laws and signage must be followed in ATS. Failure to adhere to the respective road laws and signage could result in a punishment. Traffic lights and stop signs can be ignored if no other users are in the immediate area. Also, overtaking can be done if no other users were put in any risk. Speeding, while allowed, is not recommended. Speeding can lead to accidents and therefore factor in a punishment decision."

&

§2.5 - Reckless Driving*

Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe and that puts other players in danger, driving backwards, ignoring traffic lights and road signage, speeding, racing other users (except for the Arizona race track), ignoring other players and rules. Being outside of the map boundaries, this includes spots inaccessible by normal driving. Attempting to use desync lag or quick saves in order to cause damage to another user's vehicle is forbidden. Using the ghost mode feature to go around traffic jams. Even if you have the right-of-way you must make reasonable efforts to avoid all collisions. Even if someone else is in the wrong, you must take actions to avoid a collision."

https://truckersmp.com/rules

18 minutes ago, Andy2790 said:

is there a rule like if you skip a red light it teleports you back  like 10 mins in game time.

No.

Greetings

MarkON (player-Veteran Driver)

• Thanks 1