Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

An event using our VTC name

Velo

Question

What route could we go down since we have an issue with an event starting who have used our VTC name. The issue we have is the way it is being laid out is shocking and we have also heard that the organizers have had previous issues with other VTCs. This means having the event proceed will cause the VTC to gain a bad reputation although we are not part of it. We, of course, wish them the best of luck just not with our name. Event details: 

Thanks,

VeLo

5 answers to this question

Guest Cowie

Hi there,

It seems to be a name causing lots of trouble actually.

I ran 2 versions of an event called Fun4All in 2017. It is weird that there is yet another event with this name.

However, unless you have some kind of contract that shows that they cannot use your name, I must inform you that they are more than allowed to use the name they are currently going by. What I can suggest to you is to either change your Virtual Trucking Companies name, make many announcements that this event is not yours in many different places or contact the owners of this event and there could be a tiny chance that they could change it or set an agreement with you.

I personally hope this matter gets fixed as I also received Discord messages from people thinking I am running this event again, which is not correct.

Thanks,

Hey,

Thanks for letting me know and in fact, I have been told a few time that there was an event in 2017 with the name Fun4All so that must have been you.;)

Like you say the best way is always contacting the managers which I have already tried but it's really just a case of getting blood out of a stone. Although I will take your advice on board about getting the announcement out there.

Many thanks,

Thanks again @TFM DJ ccowie for the advice I have gone around all communities it was posted in that I know of and made a mini announcement saying it is not linked to either the VTC or the event you ran in 2017. This has resulted in him closing the event as seen here 

@Dominik (iFlufy) Yes my question has been fully answered and you're more than welcome to close the topic and achieve it :)

Hello there,

We are glad to hear that your question has been answered!
Thanks for all participation!
Don't hesitate to contact us again if you need any help in the future.

Sincerely,
[TR] SkortiL
TruckersMP Trial Support

//locked and moved to Solved Topics 

Sincerely,

SkortiL [TR] 

Create a Support Ticket / TruckersMP Rules / Feedback / Guides / Meet the Team