headlights at 4 pm

Question

why when the winter mod is not active i need to turn on my headlights on so early my computer  is crap and it lags me alot its complete overkill why cant the staff make it 30 mins or an hour later

nevermind why i said 4 pm at the question idk why i said that

7 answers to this question

Greetings.

The obligation to turn on the headlights at 16:00 was done due to the Winter Mod we had this year. How ever, as you may know, this has since been discontinued, but the 16:00 obligation stayed. I believe that the staff responsible for these updates don't believe this is an important enough issue to be fixed ASAP. It will be fixed in the future, just not immediately. I'm sorry if this causes certain issues on your side. Thanks for understanding!

Kind regards.

• Upvote 1

v1.png 

On 3/26/2019 at 1:14 AM, jacob8973 said:

im not saying to be done with it im saying just dont have it in the first place it is completely unneccessary

That warning/kick system which warns and after 15 seconds kicks you if you don't have your headlights on was set back when the winter mod was released for Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer some months ago. While using the winter mod - especially in the northern part of the map - it starts to get dark at 4 pm (as like in the real life as well) and thus, having the warning/kick system about the headlights is actually necessary since "ghost drivers" might be pretty dangerous if you don't pay 100% attention while playing. As said, it's something that doesn't have the number one priority in the developing progress (the most important thing is to keep TruckersMP supporting the newest version of ETS2 as well as ATS, of course). It will be removed as soon as a developer who is developing the client of TruckersMP has time to do so. The only thing you can do at the moment is just to wait for the upcoming updates and hope it will be removed. 

And as the last thing, I'd advice you to have the headlights on all time while playing in TruckersMP. It only doesn't give you more safety while driving but it also is a law in some European counties (if we look at this topic from the "realism side"). As I pretty much always have my headlights on, I've never had any issues with that "error message". :)

Hello There!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.
If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM me or our support team members, we will open this again.
Thanks to all for participation!

//Locked and Moved to Inactive