Download bug

SOAK [GER]

Question

9 answers to this question

Hello @ParadoX [GER],

Close Discord in the system tray and make sure all Discord processes are terminated. (Sometimes stray processes can hide in your system tray or your task manager- double check those!)

Delete the 2 following folders:

%AppData%/Discord

%LocalAppData%/Discord.

Best Regards,

WentworthHFD

Are you having issues with the installer failing and/or shooting out various errors causing the app from installing? Though not intentional, there may be various issues that can cause the installation process to fail. Here are some general troubleshooting techniques that can help get you locked and loaded.

• Close Discord in the system tray and make sure all Discord processes are terminated. (Sometimes stray processes can hide in your system tray or your task manager- double check those!)

• Delete the 2 following folders:

1. %AppData%/Discord

2. %LocalAppData%/Discord

To find those folders, hit the Start button + R, and enter:

%appdata% in the run window and hit enter:

1BS6NI.png

Then %localappdata% in the run window and hit enter:

aNe8eT.png

Then find the "Discord" folder in both of those windows, and delete it. 

If your OS tells you that the file cannot be deleted because it's still in use. Open up the Task Manager and terminate all instances of Discord there and in the start up tab.

In some cases, these extra steps may be necessary.

Set the Discord application (%LocalAppData%/Discord/most recent version) to run as Administrator and set Compatibility to Windows 7 or 8 (try both)

Make sure that all instances of Discord, including the browser version, are closed out before attempting the steps.

• Project Manager

Hello!

Can I suggest trying to do a blanket delete of everything discord related from your machine. (Search for discord in your ThisPC menu) and delete everything including your setup files. Then try to download and install this again. However, this did happen to me and the blip did fix itself so could just need a computer restart or a day or so like mine did.

Hope this helps,

George

Kind Regards,

Whitelodge

spacer.png | spacer.png

Event Request | Event Calendar | Feedback | Events

Hello,

Have you solved your problem with the answers you have received in our community?
Please let us know before closing for inactivity of this topic.(3 days)

Best regards
Forz0214
TruckersMP - Trial Support

Last answer on this topic was at Friday; 3 days ago That's why I'll move this topic to Inactive If you want this topic getting removed again, feel free to contact me

Locked and moved to Inactive :)

76561198137570016.pngAddFriend.png