Higher ping than 1.31

Univerze

Question

Hi,

I have a question about the ping in 1.32. In 1.31 my ping was not very high, about 20 to 35 ms. However, my ping in 1.32 is above 40 ms and sometimes ‘jumps’ to 160 ms and it has rarely got above 40. I just want to know if this has to do with the new version.

(I’m sorry if my question is a little unclear.)

Regards,

~ThornasTo

8 answers to this question

Hello, 

Thank you for using the help section, 

First of all, what is a ping ?

• a ping is a signal sent from one computer to another across a network for usually diagnostic purposes (as to determine network speed or the status of the target computer)

By evidence, it is not due to the new update of ETS2 or TMP platform, it could be an issue from TMP servers, but i think it's just an issue caused by your network, if you have brothers, sisters or just your parents connected to your internet connexion it will reduce your internet speed. 

So check your network.

If you live alone or with someone else, you can try to reset your internet box, if it don't fix the issue, try to contact your internet service provider.

But .. if you had roughly 20 .. 30 ms and now 40, it's not a drama so don't be affraid ;)

Now, just try to look at all that I have proposed to you and see if your problem is solved ;)

Best regards

Be carefull on the road

RideSafe & Enjoy !

• Thanks 1

Hello.

To make sure you're ping stay's nice and low, disable as much as you can that you are running in the background. Also make sure you don't game on WI-Fi as you're signal can get lost with a ping time out as result. Also if you never rebooted you're router before it's a good thing to do. Disconnect you're modem for 20 seconds from the power and reconnect.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Hello @ThornasTo [NL], how are you today?

Some good answers were given above. Is your issue resolved? ^_^

I await your return!

• Thanks 1

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

hello

have you checked your internet

You may be having a connection problem

1. Try turning your router off for 1 minute and then turning it back on and see if you still have connection problems
2. Try clearing your DNS cache, follow this link for the guide https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache
3. Try changing your DNS to Google's one and see if that has any effect https://www.techworm.net/2016/08/change-default-dns-google-dns-fast-internet-speeds.html
4. Try re-setting your win-sock cache.

step 1: click on windows search program and type "cmd" enter (run cmd as an admin, right click run as admin).
step 2: once you're in, type "netsh winsock reset catalog" enter.
step 3: type "netsh int ip reset.log hit" enter.
step 4: restart your computer.

Reset your network adapter, firewall and DHCP.

This page will guide you through what you need to do and explains for different Windows operating systems as you scroll down. https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=6653.

You type:

netsh int ip reset reset.txt
netsh winsock reset
netsh advfirewall reset 

into a command prompt window

also Make sure that the Windows firewall does not block your connection. Open the Windows firewall and say Restore defaults.

c0ab01c8ed1646078c9dfe10439a4d3b.png

Best Regards

Soul Knight:)

• Thanks 1