Game crashes on load?

SlowPsycho

Question

Good Evening;

I am completely new to MP, so I am sure that I am doing something very simple wrong. When I load in to a server (currently EU1) with a new profile I get crashed out before I even get to a menu screen. This is what I know so far:

• MP is installed and I can successfully complete the very first task -
    • first time around it kept giving me a caravan which would get me kicked from the server,
    • so I created a new profile, selected a different home city and got a 'proper' load, I was in Ghost Mode(?) and could also see other players driving around.
    • that task can be successfully completed but complains I am hundreds of thousands of hour late (?)
  • At this point the ETS2 exe crashes out as though I have simply ALT+F4'd the window
  • I log back in, load the profile, it loads in the World of Mods splash screen then immediately closes

What I have already checked or tried:

• ETS2 is running 1.32.3.4s
  • Beta is switched off
  • the Truckers exe is running in  administrator
  • I have verified the integrity of the cache
  • I have completed sfc and then driven in single player in DX11 
  • I have removed config.cfg
  • I have no other DLC or mods, it is a straight vanilla base game, 

MP Client Log extract ( this is similar over about half a dozen attempts - there is no last_crash log

[18:49:38] <info> [p3api] Game version is supported. Base address: 00007FF5142C0000 Signature: f1851bcb0a48
[18:49:38] <info> [net] [http async] Creating thread(s)[1]...
[18:49:38] <info> [net] [http async] Thread(s) created.
[18:49:38] <info> [client] Initialized successfully.
[18:49:39] <info> [dx9] Display init.
[18:49:39] <info> [inp] Keyboard input initialized. Input resolution = 5544x1140.
[18:49:39] <info> [dx9] Device initialized.
[18:49:40] <info> [inp] Mouse input initialized.
[18:49:44] <info> Game started
[18:49:44] <info> [codec] Initialization succeed
[18:49:44] <info> [cb_radio] Microphone initialized! : Line (AudioBox USB 96) / MME
[18:49:44] <info> [cb_radio] Speaker initialized! : Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
[18:49:48] <info> SteamID: [Redacted]
[18:51:52] <info> [net] Connecting to 163.172.64.173:42861.

Game.log extract 

00:00:30.676 : <WARNING> Ignoring obsolete attribute 'price_coef' of unit 'cargo.caravan' (of type 'cargo_data').
00:00:30.684 : Loading company cargo data ....
00:00:30.794 : Loading unlock data ....
00:00:30.868 : Map '/map/europe.mbd' loading started ....
00:00:30.984 : <WARNING> Unable to find 'City' 'suzzara' for 0x7A0AF909BEB0000
00:00:31.007 : <WARNING> Unable to find 'City' 'parma' for 0x7794BF639BB0001
00:00:31.020 : <WARNING> Unable to find 'City' 'genova' for 0x76E9D6BFB9B0001
00:00:31.220 : Map base sectors successfully loaded.
00:00:31.227 : Map loaded
00:00:31.230 : Loading save '/home/profiles/536C6F7750737963686F207C204D50/save/autosave/game.sii'
00:00:31.281 : Building routing graph.
00:00:31.384 : Route data generation started.
00:00:31.385 : Route data generation finished.
00:00:31.389 : Road network navigation caching started.
00:00:31.457 : Cached navigation loaded
00:00:31.457 : Road network navigation caching finished.
00:00:31.464 : Garage update started.
00:00:31.519 : Garage update finished.
00:00:31.532 : <WARNING> Sector force started.
00:00:31.928 : <WARNING> Sector force finished.

System is Windows 10 Professional, up to date with nothing unusual on there (unless you count OBS Studio), I run ETS with Eyefinity at 5540x1920 and use a G920 controller.

I have spent the last hour scouring the forums and trying the different solutions, but the same happens each time. I am hoping someone can help.

10 answers to this question

Hey! First of all, the reason why your load was so late, it because the time in the singleplayer and in the multiplayer are not the same. In multiplayer the time just continues, while in singleplayer it stops when you exit out of the game.

Now to your crash issues: Do you have other saves? Do those crashes appear when you use on of those other saves?

hello

solution1

Have you tried verify your game ?

> Go to Steam Library

> Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2

> Properties

> Local Files

> Verify Integrity of Game Files

Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.

solution2

1.      Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard

2.      Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)

3.      Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.

4.      Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"

5.      Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/

Solution 3

You should start TruckersMP as admin. This is really important.

Also try to start TruckersMP with DirectX (64)

Guide:

> Go to your steam App
> Go to library
> Go to ETS 2 / ATS
> Click "Play" 
> Choose "Launch with DirectX (64-bit). Make sure you chose 64 bit.
> Start ETS 2
> Choose your profile and press "drive"
> Close ETS 2
> Start TruckersMP as admin. TruckersMP will start with DirectX for all time. Except you change it again.

Also try to reinstall TruckersMP.

Go to '%programdata%' and delete the folder 'TruckersMP'. After that uninstall TruckersMP and download the MOD again: https://truckersmp.com/download -> Launch the installer as admin

Solution4

> Update your graphic card driver.

> Take care not to play in busy areas.

> Pull down your graphics settings.

> You maybe need a new profile,delete old and get a new one.

> Reinstall the mod and make sure that you put correct in directory. (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2)

> Don't use unsupported mods.Also too many mods can cause your game to crash.You can find supported and allowed mod from here.

> Delete file Documents/ETSMP (Please before deleting,backup this file)

> That's may be caused by missing game file.Go to Steam Library / Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2 / Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity of Game Files.

> Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework (4.7) & DirectX & Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and use CCleaner to remove temporary files and obsoleteregistry paths.

also you can read this topic

if this still cannot solve your problem

you can create a support ticket here

https://www.truckersmp.com/support

Best  Regards

Soul Knight:)

10 hours ago, MrJonton01 [GER] said:

Hey! First of all, the reason why your load was so late, it because the time in the singleplayer and in the multiplayer are not the same. In multiplayer the time just continues, while in singleplayer it stops when you exit out of the game.

Now to your crash issues: Do you have other saves? Do those crashes appear when you use on of those other saves?

Thank you for the information about the late load. I did suspect it was just a "blip" when you come into a modded environment like Truckers.

I do have a single player save, but nothing else. I did delete and start a new MP profile to see if that was the issue.

10 hours ago, αяяισn said:

Hello,

Truckersmp have you tried to uninstall the application and download it again ?

Yes, no change

4 hours ago, Soul Knight said:

hello

solution1

Have you tried verify your game ?

> Go to Steam Library

> Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2

> Properties

> Local Files

> Verify Integrity of Game Files

Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.

solution2

1.      Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard

2.      Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)

3.      Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.

4.      Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"

5.      Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/

Solution 3

You should start TruckersMP as admin. This is really important.

Also try to start TruckersMP with DirectX (64)

Guide:

> Go to your steam App
> Go to library
> Go to ETS 2 / ATS
> Click "Play" 
> Choose "Launch with DirectX (64-bit). Make sure you chose 64 bit.
> Start ETS 2
> Choose your profile and press "drive"
> Close ETS 2
> Start TruckersMP as admin. TruckersMP will start with DirectX for all time. Except you change it again.

Also try to reinstall TruckersMP.

Go to '%programdata%' and delete the folder 'TruckersMP'. After that uninstall TruckersMP and download the MOD again: https://truckersmp.com/download -> Launch the installer as admin

Solution4

> Update your graphic card driver.

> Take care not to play in busy areas.

> Pull down your graphics settings.

> You maybe need a new profile,delete old and get a new one.

> Reinstall the mod and make sure that you put correct in directory. (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2)

> Don't use unsupported mods.Also too many mods can cause your game to crash.You can find supported and allowed mod from here.

> Delete file Documents/ETSMP (Please before deleting,backup this file)

> That's may be caused by missing game file.Go to Steam Library / Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2 / Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity of Game Files.

> Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework (4.7) & DirectX & Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and use CCleaner to remove temporary files and obsoleteregistry paths.

also you can read this topic

if this still cannot solve your problem

you can create a support ticket here

https://www.truckersmp.com/support

Best  Regards

Soul Knight:)

Yes, I have done all of those, as mentioned in my original post. Maybe it is time for a support ticket

1 hour ago, [WTLVTC] ismail [TR] said:

Hello there buddy,

Please let us know your question is answered now :) 

No; my question is not answered now :p

EDITED TO ADD:

.NET 4.7 is already installed

Graphics drivers are (always) up to date

The issue is not driving around the game world, it crashes trying to get to 'my garage' - IE after the 'first haul' of my (yet another) new profile, I get told I was very late as per the explanation from MrWonton01, I see the XP accumulate on the bottom bar then it crashes trying to load into my garage.

Hello  :) 

Are you using some Mods in Single Player ?
And which Error message do you get after the crash happened?

Follow these guides: 

Solution 1:

Try running TruckersMP Launcher as an administrator 

Solution 2:

Step 1. Right click your 'Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer' / 'American Truck Simulators Multiplayer' .exe file, whether it be the shortcut on the desktop or actual file and then click properties.

Step 2.

If you right clicked it's shortcut, make sure you clicked the shortcut tab.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you clicked the .exe file, make sure you are on the general tab.

You should see a section say: (   Target: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP\launcher_ets2mp.exe"   ) OR it's custom install path. (Minus the brackets)

What you need to do is on the end of it, add: (   -homedir C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2MP   ) 

It should look something like: (   Target: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP\launcher_ets2mp.exe" -homedir C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2MP ) If you understand what the -homedir fuction does, feel welcome to change it, if you are worried or don't know what to do, just leave it as it is

Solution 3:

1. Right click ETS 2 in steam

2. Select 'Launch with OpenGL'

3. Let the game run and try going into game.

4. Exit the game and go back to steam, right click ETS 2 again but this time select 'Launch with DirectX (64-Bit)

5. Again go into game and then exit.

6. Start TruckersMP up and see if the game stops crashing

11 hours ago, SlowPsycho said:

that task can be successfully completed but complains I am hundreds of thousands of hour late (?)

For this, if you finished job in ETS2 but late

Please try to reset economy job:

Guide here:

8 hours ago, [ETS2MCG] Kien Giang said:

Hello  :) 

Are you using some Mods in Single Player ?
And which Error message do you get after the crash happened?

Follow these guides: 

Solution 1:

Try running TruckersMP Launcher as an administrator 

Solution 2:

Step 1. Right click your 'Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer' / 'American Truck Simulators Multiplayer' .exe file, whether it be the shortcut on the desktop or actual file and then click properties.

Step 2.

If you right clicked it's shortcut, make sure you clicked the shortcut tab.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you clicked the .exe file, make sure you are on the general tab.

You should see a section say: (   Target: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP\launcher_ets2mp.exe"   ) OR it's custom install path. (Minus the brackets)

What you need to do is on the end of it, add: (   -homedir C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2MP   ) 

It should look something like: (   Target: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP\launcher_ets2mp.exe" -homedir C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2MP ) If you understand what the -homedir fuction does, feel welcome to change it, if you are worried or don't know what to do, just leave it as it is

Solution 3:

1. Right click ETS 2 in steam

2. Select 'Launch with OpenGL'

3. Let the game run and try going into game.

4. Exit the game and go back to steam, right click ETS 2 again but this time select 'Launch with DirectX (64-Bit)

5. Again go into game and then exit.

6. Start TruckersMP up and see if the game stops crashing

For this, if you finished job in ETS2 but late

Please try to reset economy job:

Guide here:

Hello;

As in the original post. I use no mods, no DLCs (exception is a Rocket League DLC that appeared - assume it is paint jobs or something?)

Solution 1 I have been using administrator all along - as per OP

Solution 2 had no differential effect

Solution 3 had no differential effect.

I have also attempted to join the server with a completely fresh install on a completely different computer (i7 / 16GB / 860M vice R7 1700 / 16GB / RX580 8GB) which runs single player fine but has the same problem with Truckers MP. I have followed all  of the previous suggestions on that completely fresh install and I still can not get past the first load. All of the previous observations also apply to that.

I have even removed Eyefinity and running ETS2 in 1920x1080 vice 5144x1140 in case that was the issue. Nothing...

For ti to not work for a new install across two different computers with completely different specs would suggest it is not something I am doing wrong, especially following every suggestion here to the letter.

Well I do not know what the difference is, but I installed ETS and MP on it's own Hard Drive and it seems to be working perfectly fine.

I wonder if there are some errant files left over on both computers from an old installation. Either way, finally working, although I am pining for AI traffic.

Last answer on this topic was at Friday; 3 days ago That's why I'll move this topic to Inactive If you want this topic getting removed again, feel free to contact me

Locked and moved to Inactive topics

76561198137570016.pngAddFriend.png