Scania S 730hp truck speed limit 132

Tiger1126

Question

Please help i recently purchased a Scania S 730hp truck and that truck refuses to go beyond 130 it starts to struggle after that if the load is heavy it wont go beyond 121 . Without any load i feel the speed is kind of locked at 136 unless there is a slope . I am kind of shocked taking into consideration that the truck is supposed to be the fastest truck in ETS 2. Please help friends .

8 answers to this question

I am not sure why you are trying to go beyond 130 km/h,  but yes a truck will struggle if you are trying to pull a heavy trailer.

The only advise I will give you, is that if you are pulling a heavy trailer, it is recommended to have more gears (for example the 12 gear transmission in the scania).

And you can try out some different gearboxes to find one that suits you.

But....if you have a feeling that you are being 'locked' at 136 km/h, then I think you are trying to turn the game more in a racing game than a truck sim.

Hello @Tiger1126,

I've 4x2 chassis, 6 gears, 730HP and It driver with 170km/h offline and 150km/h online as there's speed limit. Maybe you've chosen 12 or more gears? Also, try to take 2-7t trailers, so it will be easier to get 150, as when you've for example 20t trailer, you'll get approximately 125-135. Hope this helps you ;) 

58 minutes ago, Happy Trucking ETS2 said:

I am not sure why you are trying to go beyond 130 km/h,  but yes a truck will struggle if you are trying to pull a heavy trailer.

The only advise I will give you, is that if you are pulling a heavy trailer, it is recommended to have more gears (for example the 12 gear transmission in the scania).

And you can try out some different gearboxes to find one that suits you.

But....if you have a feeling that you are being 'locked' at 136 km/h, then I think you are trying to turn the game more in a racing game than a truck sim.

buddy i feel odd that a 600 something hp volvo reaches 150 in no time but why does a scania 730 struggle ???

40 minutes ago, BL4CK$K1LL said:

Hello @Tiger1126,

I've 4x2 chassis, 6 gears, 730HP and It driver with 170km/h offline and 150km/h online as there's speed limit. Maybe you've chosen 12 or more gears? Also, try to take 2-7t trailers, so it will be easier to get 150, as when you've for example 20t trailer, you'll get approximately 125-135. Hope this helps you ;) 

bro without a trailer the truck feels about to die at 135kmph :(