Unable to associate steam account to truckersmp

Randarino

Question

I have a buddy that has tried for weeks to get signed into truckersmp and associate his steam account to truckersmp. 

He keeps getting this message: 

"We were unable to find Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator on your account, please ensure your profile is set to public and that you have played the game at least 2 hours"

We have set everything in steam to public and he has driven 55 hours....so does anyone know what the heck is going on?

Thanks for any help with this. 

7 answers to this question

Hello

Steps to be follow on the steam;
1-)log in to your steam account and enter your profile, click on the ''Edit Profile'' section.

Spoiler

steam_v1.jpg

2-)My Privacy Settings>PUBLIC Game Details>PUBLIC.You can get help from the image below.

Spoiler

steamsettings.png

NOTE:Remember you must play the game for at minimum 2 hours.

Steps to be follow on the website;

1-)Go to website and click login

Spoiler

0eecaf7c5d8b4a5ab680c497717da3fb.png

2-)enter your account information and click the ''login'' button.

Spoiler

v2.jpg

3-)After logging in to your account, click on "Account" in the upper right corner of the page.then click on the ''settings'' section.

Spoiler

v1.jpg

4-)Click on ''Linked games / DLC'' tab and click on ''Check Games'' button below. https://truckersmp.com/profile/settings/redirect/dlc

Spoiler

v4.jpg

Thanks for this...but I am a bit confused. 

Reading down the list it says to log into the Steam Website and then click on the Account.....then go into the Settings section....I don't see any Settings Section. 

I am wondering if those directions are old? 

I am not able to find the Linked Games section.  

Dear @Randarino, you can change the game details to public when opening the Steam-browser -> hover with the cursor over your profile name -> click 'Profile' -> 'Edit Profile' -> 'My Privacy Settings'. There you have to apply the settings from this screenshot and then you should be able to register on TMP: https://prnt.sc/j4gkew.

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Well we finally got him registered. 

The problem was the check box in the privacy settings that was keeping the playtime private.....we never noticed exactly what it was saying before.

Well thanks for all your help everyone.