Multiplayer not working

Vebbis

Question

Hi, when i start ets2 on steam, it works, but when i try to start it in the truckers mp client it won't even start and chrashes right away...
It works on my brothers computer but not mine
I have played it before on this computer

Yes, i have new version of truckersmp

yes, i have updated ETS2

Pls help

20 answers to this question

Hello,

Please review the following instructions I have given to you below: 

Please uninstall and re-download the TruckersMP launcher. Upon install of the launcher, make sure to enter the correct install path / directory of your game.

To find your install path / directory, follow these instructions:

> Go to Steam Library
> Right click ETS2
> Properties
> Local Files
> Browse Local Files - This location is your 'install path'

Once completed, run the launcher with administrator rights.

If this does not work, please refer to the instructions found on this forum guides:

Good Luck,Lukavsky

Edited by Unknown111111

Edited by ALTUNSOY

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  GPU : MSI Geforce RTX 2060  MOTHERBOARD :  ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING MEMORY : ADATA XPG  16GB (2x8GB) 3200Mhz  SSD :  CORSAIR 120GB  550MB - 500MB  SSD  : SAMSUNG 250GB 860 550MB - 520MB SSD  : ADATA 480GB SU630 520MB - 450MB  CASE : Cooler Master MasterBox MB511  PSU : Thermaltake Smart 700W 80+

Hello @Vebbis

1.  Install the DirectX runtime: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx%3Fid%3D35
  2.  Install steam from the Internet to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
  3.  Log in to steam, go into library and download ETS2 SP.
  4. Download the latest version of MP from https://truckersmp.com/download
  5.  Run MP setup, install MP to C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Sinulator 2 Multiplayer
  6. The next window will ask for your ETS2 SP folder. This should be:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2             
  7. Finish installation of MP, then enjoy!

i have tried everything and nothing works... 

when i start truckers mp the screen goes black and the intro sounds come on.

after that, the game stops at the single player start screen and i cant move my mouse and the graphics in the background wont load

i dont get any error messenges...

Vebbis, have you seen if you are running the 32 bit version of the MP mod? Multiplayer does not support 32 bit, but it supports 64 bit. try it in 64 bit and see if that works. In terms of there is no graphics loading up when you start the game, have you seen if you have an update for your graphics driver? If it was working fine before a graphics driver update, you can delete the current driver and download the old driver it was on before. I know it sucks, but that is the only way you are able to play the game, if it is that problem. Note that you are not going to be able to do this with intergrated/on-board graphics. This means that your graphics unit is intergrated onto the motherboard of your computer. Therefore that will update when your system BIOS gets an update. You can only do the specific graphic card drivers un-install and install if you have a dedicated graphics card. this means that you have put one into a PCI slot onto your motherboard, or you are not using the on-board/intergrated graphics that the motherboard comes with. I know I have gone on quite a bit, but not going to leave you not knowing what the heck I am talking about. Hope one of these solutions will solve your problem. Please let me know, if none works, then I will do a bit more digging around in the game files and try to find a fix for you. Best of luck, Jamie

Edited by Blancaman

Jamie Appleby

Hello,

Can you please give us some information on what os you are running, what graphics cards you have..

In the terms of not being able to play singleplayer, have you tried launching ets2 in safe mode? This way should get your graphic settings etc to default and maybe run. If not, have you tried running with the different launch options you get when you press start?

ETS2 is best running from via steam, a shortcut on the desktop can be using different line of startup options that can be outdated/not really made for the version.

For getting computer information you can download a software called speccy that shows your pc hardware and temps and etc, if you could provide us a screenshot from that software with your specs it would be helpful. Please also include a game log as they suggested before me. The game log should be in your documents folder > Euro Truck Simulator 2.

I hope this will help.

TigerTheGuy

hi, this is what i got from the game logs:

[zipfs] data1.mp: Unmounted
00:00:42.448 : [zipfs] data2.mp: Unmounted
00:00:42.448 : [zipfs] sh_skoda_car.mp: Unmounted
00:00:42.449 : [zipfs] skoda_car.mp: Unmounted
00:00:42.449 : [zipfs] schwarzmuller_dlc.mp: Unmounted
00:00:42.449 : [zipfs] heavy_cargo_dlc.mp: Unmounted
00:00:42.468 : [hashfs] dlc_heavy_cargo.scs: Unmounted.
00:00:42.468 : [hashfs] dlc_trailers.scs: Unmounted.
00:00:42.468 : [hashfs] dlc_rocket_league.scs: Unmounted.
00:00:42.468 : [hashfs] dlc_north.scs: Unmounted.
00:00:42.608 : [gdi] mode 101 - 1920x1080 (60Hz) on \\.\DISPLAY1 already set
00:00:42.611 : [net]  LOG INFO: Stopped
00:00:42.616 : [hashfs] core.scs: Unmounted.
00:00:42.616 : [hashfs] def.scs: Unmounted.
00:00:42.616 : [hashfs] locale.scs: Unmounted.
00:00:42.616 : [hashfs] base_cfg.scs: Unmounted.
00:00:42.616 : [hashfs] base.scs: Unmounted.
00:00:42.617 : [hashfs] effect.scs: Unmounted.
00:00:42.627 : [sys] Process manager shutdown.

I im running windows 7 with a intel core i5 2500k proccesor and a AMD Radeon HD 7800 series graphics card

i dont know how i check if my game is running 32 bit, but i should't, since i have played before and my os is 64

and i have tried to update the Truckermp with F1 and still dosnt work :/

To find out if your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows in Windows 7 or Windows Vista, do the following:

Open System by clicking the Start button, right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.

Under System, you can view the system type.

But you have got 64 bit system?

Edited by ANTRANS DINKLEBERG

VUHwzqO.gif