What's your relationship with SCS Software?

PedroBarbosa

Question

3 answers to this question

• Web Developer

- We never contact SCS since we are not affiliated with them.

- SCS doesn't make our job harder because we can update our code in less than a day when they do a patch.

- SCS like what we are doing because they are making more money because of our mods. They just don't like it when people message them about bans and things like that.

• Upvote 1

I know jumping on a topic like this, but isn't there a dev that used to work for the TruckersMP now working full time at SCS, think the name was VODKA, he was the one I think that started this project, you may have luck at contacting them with him as a reference and perhaps, they could potentially include or merge this mod with the official game one day, but I think it could be too early for this yet...

76561198104067447.png

@McDodge34 [FR QC], that would be RootKiller. It can help make it a touch easier but not necessarily. Ultimately, SCS is a company that has their own policies about what they can share and what they can't. But in the past, we have been able to get our hands on some content a little earlier to work on supporting it the day it gets released, however this isn't always guaranteed or even expected a lot of the time.

Do note however that I can't speak for the developers properly as I am unsure of the processes that these guys have fully, however I can speak from the information that I have available to me.

As for stuff like giveaways, we generally buy them from Steam at retail price and then give them away, usually at the expense of someone in the team. I'm super grateful of this when team members, or anyone else wants to contribute in such a way as it goes a long way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.