Static ID for all players

birfincankafein

Suggestion Name:

Wee need static id for all players
Suggestion Description:

All users should have static id. For every login you are assing new session-base id for every player. I know each player has already truckermp id and steamid but they are too hard to remember and we can only see these unique id just writing pinfo to the console. But when guilty player escapes the game id goes to another connected user. 

Any example images: Nope.
Why should it be added?:  

When player tries to report another player, the guilty plater can immediately escapes so player cannot report it. Writing pinfo to panel will be impossible because they will escape just after ramming etc. 

I think there's no need for this. You can use the spawning logs in "Documents/ETS2MP/logs" to find out the TruckersMP ID without typing /pinfo. 

A log entry looks like this:

Spoiler

Line 148: [22:46:34] Spawning GameTruck (maryoolo [GER/PL](767) - TruckersMP ID:128361 - Tag:Fahrnünftig) Additional data: N/D

3 hours ago, Spieker [GER] said:

I think there's no need for this. You can use the spawning logs in "Documents/ETS2MP/logs" to find out the TruckersMP ID without typing /pinfo. 

A log entry looks like this:

Hide contents

Line 148: [22:46:34] Spawning GameTruck (maryoolo [GER/PL](767) - TruckersMP ID:128361 - Tag:Fahrnünftig) Additional data: N/D

So I should open logs and search for the player. Okay, the log file will be great. But I shouldnt exit for reporting. I think I can able to access logs on the road. Is there any way to do this? 

Not needed as the game now uses TruckersMP name instead of the steam one which could be changed at any time. And yes, there is log where u can see it. You can report later no need to do it instantly, you need to show video anyway so once you stop playing, check the video, see players name/game id, find it in the logs and report. I was a bit confused about why i need to use logs at start but now i think that it is a very good thing. BTW, since we use MP names maybe we don't need the ID at all and be changed to names instead for our reports.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.