Is there any way to help developers?

zedlin07

Nope, I don't think anything can be made quicker, we just have to wait, my guess here, it will probably be out before the end of the week, but don't take my guess for anything, I could be totally wrong on this one, and I'm going to assume they already have all their alpha/beta testers anyways if that's what you want to be part of, my guess is the main problem is some of the devs don't have the DLC yet, I would gladly gift them a copy of it, but I think they don't have the right to accept steam gifts from players for some ethical reasons, if its not the case, please PM me about it, the price is so good, I could probably gift 2 copies of it right now, I will only gift to admins, devs or moderators, I don't want to make a mistake and give this DLC to a troll accidentally and help them cause chaos on the road...

76561198104067447.png

22 minutes ago, zedlin07 said:

OK, I guess I'll just wait, but I was just willing to take part in the development or anything that could have helped, but seems like they don't need anything !

Dev's are limited due to security reasons.

It is not an personal thing against the community.

It for the best intentions for TruckersMP.

Just as an example, if the source files were leaked, hackers would be the only one's having fun on the servers. Community wouldn't last long (AKA dead project).

6 minutes ago, MetaltigerEU said:

Dev's are limited due to security reasons.

It is not an personal thing against the community.

It for the best intentions for TruckersMP.

Just as an example, if the source files were leaked, hackers would be the only one's having fun on the servers. Community wouldn't last long (AKA dead project).

Yup, source files leaked would mean total mayhem on the road, every single game that offers to host your own private server of it has multiple hacked clients that are just created by griefing teams just to annoy other players, thankfully with TruckersMP being closed source and no plans on ever releasing any private server files, we should be safe from anyone creating any hacked client to cause havoc online. If you think trolls and rammers are bad at the moment, take a look on youtube with the word griefers client and Minecraft as keywords. You certainly don't want to see any of theses in TruckersMP, trust me...

And a bonus, there's a load of people on the road cause there's only a few servers, imagine if there was 10000 servers, you wouldn't see anyone on the road except your friends.

76561198104067447.png

23 minutes ago, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

I can do this, where do we go, can also send a pack of Red Bull if that could help...

lol I can see the position being posted already...

Requirements: 

Must be able to swim from one country to the next country (Shark attack experience preferred)

ens, ens, ens

(trying not to troll:troll:)

Maybe give a donation and a note to say what the donation is for? Easiest way I can think of..

37 minutes ago, zedlin07 said:

OK, I guess I'll just wait, but I was just willing to take part in the development or anything that could have helped, but seems like they don't need anything !

So you sort of mean like a "Technical Test Server" or a "TTS" where they pre-release patches on to a whitelisted server and make all bugs are found before the real release?

3 minutes ago, FreshlyChaotic said:

So you sort of mean like a "Technical Test Server" or a "TTS" where they pre-release patches on to a whitelisted server and make all bugs are found before the real release?

They don't need anyone for that, the mod is still in alpha stage, they try real hard to iron out the most bugs before releasing a new version but bugs are still possible and there's a report section if you ever find some, remember, we play on this for free, they gladly give us access to an unfinished product, so bugs can and will continue to happen, and they will continue to fix them whenever they can, they're doing a pretty good job right now if you want my opinion, the servers are pretty stable and I can't remember the last time I found a bug with it, except the occasional times where I go to pick up a load and the trailer isn't where it should or not parked in a way I can pick it up, but usually a F7+Enter and the next time I go check it, I can take it...

76561198104067447.png

The only bugs I have seen in this game, are either bugs in the map. (SCS needs to solve that) Or when someone hits a other player, and that causes the physics to crash. (source code in ETS2 itself I think)

But other than that, no bugs at all.

EA and Ubisoft could learn from our beloved developers :D

4 minutes ago, Dubbeledraaideur [NL] said:

The only bugs I have seen in this game, are either bugs in the map. (SCS needs to solve that) Or when someone hits a other player, and that causes the physics to crash. (source code in ETS2 itself I think)

But other than that, no bugs at all.

EA and Ubisoft could learn from our beloved developers :D

+1 on this, for sure...

76561198104067447.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived