Mouse button 4/5 not working

miguelmcf01

Question

This might be more of a ATS/ETS2 question but anyway, my mouse button 4 and 5 is not working after I updated my Windows 10 (13/04/2017), I use button 4 for acceleration and button 5 as braking, I tired reassigning  but just says 'N/A' as if there isn't a button 4 or 5 ,I've restarted my PC and still not working, any suggestions?

Edited by miguelmcf01

spacer.png

5 answers to this question

What kind of mouse are you using? It could be possibly down to you having to download some sort of profiling or driver software specifically for your mouse button configurations to work.

I know for a fact some gaming mouses sometimes need these such as Logitech or similar.

If this is not the case, then I recommend you to attempt to reset your controls + config files fully on ETS2 / ATS by following instructions provided below: Ensure you create a separate backup of both files in case something goes wrong (Or just store them temporarily in the recycle bin, without fully emptying.)

1. Head to documents/eurotrucksimulator2/profiles

2. Choose your profile ID folder (will be a string of letters and numbers)

3. Ensuring you have created a backup saved somewhere else on your computer - Delete the controls.sii and config.cfg files

4. Relaunch ETS2 and attempt to reassign your controls again.

And btw the button 4 and 5 on my HP 5-Button USB Optical Comfort Mouse was working in ATS/ETS2 before the windows 10 creators update, it still works in my browser as a previous/next page command but not in ATS/ETS2

Update: Turns out that going back to your previous version of Windows 10 will make the button 4/5 work again...

Edited by miguelmcf01

spacer.png