Never tired and freight market never working in ETS2

sko0923

Question

Hi guys,

I had recently tried launching ETS2 and when I was mounting my G27 to my desk, it seemed to have touch some key(s) on my keyboard and my screen went black and computer instantly shut off, like it would if you press and hold the power button. When I turned it back on, my Steam had said that ETS2 was not installed along with all the DLC I have, and I researched some solutions and came to the conclusion that it just had misplaced the ETS2 file, which would be found as soon as I hit "install", which it did.

Once everything was "back to normal", upon launching I noticed that before I had a black border on both sides of my screen which would kind of compress the game, and that's what I got used to playing it as. Now it was full screen, and I don't necessarily mind that because that's how its supposed to be anyways, and I got used to it. But, I noticed that before when I got on I could rest, teleport to service, quick travel, and do various other things which would get my freight market to work. It seems now quick travel only works some of the time, the other two don't at all. I have driven about 20,000 in game KM since the issue happened and have never gotten a need to rest whatsoever, when I get to a rest area it just tells me "You are not tired right now", so I can't even try that option to see if my freight market decides to work again. I have tried the edit in the config file (the old method), and just like quick travel it works some of the time, and other times doesn't.

My screen going black when I try to mount my G27 right as I launch the game has happened twice now, and I'm not sure why. The first time it did what I said above, second time didn't hurt anything other than to restart my PC. I have since been careful not to accidentally hit my G27 on my keyboard. I'm also completely unaware of the reason, I have 400+ in game hours and am certain I've hit the keyboard plenty of times before when launching. The only thing is, I recently bought an additional HDD and installed it into my computer, ETS2 is not on it but it is the only change I have made since the problem has happened.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as when I tried doing research I could not find anything similar.

5 answers to this question

Hmmmm. I have a possible solution. If you already have a save game. Copy and move that to your desktop. Go to Documents > ETS2 > Profiles and copy the newest one to your desktop. I know you already re-installed ETS2 but this time. Completely remove the ETS2 Folder from your PC. Go to C: > Program FIles> Steam > Steam Apps > Common > ETS2 and delete it all. The re-download the game again. Once done drag and drop your profile from your desktop back into the profiles folder in Documents > ETS2 > Profiles . If there isn't a folder yet. Make one and Name it "profiles" Then launch it and see it that helps. 

Hello good morning! 

I'd try verifying the game files and upgrading the game to beta and try using this, if the issue persists completely remove the game and install it again(mulitiplayer) and let me know how this goes 

thanks 

Gareth 

76561198046634853.png

DarkStar.

TruckersMP Game Moderator 
(Welsh • English • German)
www.TruckersMP.com

3 hours ago, WelshGaz said:

Hello good morning! 

I'd try verifying the game files and upgrading the game to beta and try using this, if the issue persists completely remove the game and install it again(mulitiplayer) and let me know how this goes 

thanks 

Gareth 

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes :)