Current problems

Mr_Berg

Question

Hi, first of all i thank you for one of the best forums and community out there, or here..

I have usually no problems downgrading and keeping up with the news regarding ets2 or ats multiplayer, but i have been away for a while and when i was gonna start haulin i get kicked almost instant because of high ping!?

My next problem is the connection to World of trucks, it simply wont connect when i have started up the game.

Now, i guess there is a problem somewhere. I dont think its here with me on my pc or my connection, cause i play other games online.

Thx again

- Knutbaille

Edited by knutbaille

6 answers to this question

Dear member 

Ping is related to your location and internet link. The further you are from the server, the higher ping will be. Also, if your internet provider doesn't have good upstream links, it can affect for worse. You should check that while playing, your internet connection is not being used for anything else (if there is something downloading, for instance, your ping will be higher also, as it's the least priority traffic).

Anyway, there are lots of people from Turkey (to say the closest), Russia, even Australia, playing in EU servers with high ping, but not being kicked so often, so I believe there must be something wrong with your internet connection.

Thanks

BaldemarDeutsch

• Upvote 5

Created by @BurakAKSAKAL Thanks 

Your ping issue is your own issue and nothing TruckersMP related. The best thing I can suggest to lower your ping is to make sure nobody else is downloading/uploading anything or streaming because these will increase your ping.

As for WOT jobs, it is because it only supports the latest version of ETS2 and ATS, so it would not connect because you were not running the latest version. Luckily we now support the latest version on TruckersMP so feel free to revert back to the latest version of ETS2 and ATS, this will allow you to connect to WOT again.

• Upvote 1

Thx for the reply

I realised that my version of the game was not right.

I didnt have any downloads or anything in the background, im not a total noob in computers so that is why i asked if anybody else maybe had the same issues connecting to the MP or WOT.

This is a great forum, and the mods are doing a great job.

My isssues have been resolved.

TY

Edited by knutbaille

Disable your anti-virus's firewall and see if it works and try these things 

step 1: click on windows search program and type "cmd" enter

step 2: once you're in, type "netsh winsock reset catalog" enter

step 3: type "netsh int ip reset.log hit" enter

step 4: restart your computer

Reset your network adapator

This page will guide you through what you need to do and explains for different Windows operating systems as you scroll down.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=6653

You type 

·         netsh int ip reset reset.txt

·         netsh winsock reset

·         netsh advfirewall reset

In to a DOS window (Comand Prompt). (in order)