High ping problem

Nza

Question

I've been playing ets2mp for about a month with a ping usually around 50-70ms, but yesterday all the sudden it jumped very high (300-800ms) and it went back to 50-70 and back up again and so forth. This whole time all other players lagged so much there was no point in playing. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the internet speed since I took a speedtest and it was the same as my other pc. I made sure nothing else was running in the background on my pc but the only thing that seemed to work was to turn the router off and on again, and the lag disappeared. But an hour ago the lag started again. I closed the game and opened it again and could drive for 15 minutes or so before the lag started again. I have no idea why this is or how to fix it.

7 answers to this question

I've been playing in EU#2 and noticed this too. Not my router, I tried pinging the server and got steady values: 72 min. - 74 avg. - 78 max. (with 99 pings, not the default 5). It was a lot more noticeable in crowded places, too. I stopped the game because I was seeing too many lag (my ping was 66-67 but jumped now and then to over 300) and other trucks were rubber-banding a lot. I'm going to try EU#3 or EU#1, to see if those are working better. Will edit this post to add the results.

EDIT: Tested EU#3, not so many people (around 1000-1100 connected players) and it's all working fine, ping times of 65-68, steady all of the time. It seems that EU#2 may be having issues again.

Edited by FernandoCR

The Europe 2 server for ETS 2 was restarted yesterday but since you are saying that you are still having the same problem, 

- Which servers have you tried and do you have lag on all of them

- Is the lag only in high population areas?

If the lag stopped after restarting your router but is now back again then it might be a problem on your side!